iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grandson shot a bear -video added!!

Started by thecfarm, September 07, 2021, 08:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I just came in from dragging a bear out of the bog!!!
Probably 120 pounds, a dry sow.
First that has ever been shot at The Farm!!!! My Father hunted this land his whole life and never saw a bear. All that he did was farm and hunt right up until about 40 years old, than he got married.
A you tube is coming in the next few days.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Congratulations. Hope the Ford helped get that bear in. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Southside

I shot one bear, ate the whole thing, then decided I would never do that again. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

I have a truck road that goes to the bog. I suppose you could drive a truck across the bog too. Holds up a forwarder with a load of logs. But anyways, back to the bear, only had to drag it about 150 feet. He shot it in the bog. I was sinking in walking in. Keep the tractor away from that area. Did not need it anyways. I drove the truck down and was going to get the tractor, if it was needed. Hunter grabbed one leg, I grabbed the other and off we went. The Old Man had to stop about 4-5 times, but we made it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Really looking forward to the video Ray!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

newoodguy78

Roxie

That's wonderful!  Looking forward to the video too. 

These are the moments that matter. 
Say when

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Southside on September 07, 2021, 08:33:20 PM
I shot one bear, ate the whole thing, then decided I would never do that again.
Most people freeze it and break the eating part up over the whole winter. No wonder you lost your taste for bear eating it all at once.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Southside

Hey - I am a big guy - need to eat.   :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Congrats on the bear. smiley_thumbsup

I have a bear snooping around the shelter on the woodlot. He likes to chew wooden shovel handles to. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

Well done! They make some good sausage.
~Ron

thecfarm

Sausage, funny you say that, that was mentioned as we was looking at The Bear.
This was the Grandson many years ago.

This was back in 2010.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Southside

Awesome Ray! Congratulations! On a different note I didn't realize that you were actually Bob Marley.  :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I've actually run into bears, a couple over the years, in that kind of rocky terrain. I was running lines one time and was at the foot of a rocky hill. Happened to look up into the rocks and there was a bear looking back down at me. :D  Another time one was hanging around a rocky crevasse like it was his den. One of the guys brush cut'n near there got a surprise visit. :D On another place there was rocks and hills and a 400 lb'er hanging around. I had to drive him off one day with some shouting and noise making. ;D You got rocks? There be bears. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

I'll be reading your posts from now on with the appropriate Maine accent.  :D
Say when

HemlockKing

I was surprised on some of the words are pronounced very similar to SW Nova Scotia(thick accent). That land sure is rocky! I I have a section way out back that looks just like where you were dragging that bear, can hardly walk without cracking a ankle  :D :D
A1

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

Yea I knows I do.  ;D  At my other job people from away would come for whatever reason. It was kinda embarrassing when the co workers would come to me and than say, Say something Ray. Oh well, I made sure I put a good show on for entertainment purposes. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!