iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mushroom season is here!

Started by yukon cornelius, April 13, 2014, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

its a bit early but I found a couple today! this is me and my best buddies showing off our catch. no morels yet but maybe at the end of the week or after tomorrows snow they will be up.

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

trapper

Is that what they call a false morel?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

yukon cornelius

well I guess so! we always just called them reds but since you ask that I looked it up. I just read that they are dangerous to eat. myself, family, and all of the people who look for them eat them and ive never heard of anyone getting sick. ive been eating them my whole life. after saying that what I read is scary!

yukon cornelius

good thing I never read about them before! I could have been killed!

drobertson

good rains tonight! with one short cold snap for the two next days, I'm thinking it will be a good year!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

yukon cornelius

we had a good rain and all the wind missed us. I think your right it is looking good!

Cedar Savage

I used to eat them, & for awhile dried them, before using, which I heard is safer. Now I only hunt morels,,,,heres the gook on em,,,,,,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyromitra_esculenta
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

Magicman

Yup, mighty dangerous to eat.  I suspect that they might cause gray hair to grow in a red beard.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on April 14, 2014, 08:28:17 AM
Yup, mighty dangerous to eat.  I suspect that they might cause gray hair to grow in a red beard.   :D

:)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yukon cornelius

mm that has to be whats causing my gray hairs, aching bones, forgetfulness, and baldness. I cant be getting old already! im too young to be getting old. :laugh:

thecfarm

I use to have a red beard about 25 years ago.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

yep don't think ill be eating any of them   better not  show this to the wifey she my go pick some :D :D

mesquite buckeye

They can be dangerous, containing rocket fuel, methylhydrazine if memory serves me. Bibbyman eats them with no problems. I think they can be safe if they have the rocket fuel cooked out of them. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

yukon cornelius

we ended up eating them. I wasn't going to after reading about them. it scared me a bit but I have been eating them my whole life. we called them reds or beefsteaks. everyone around here eats them. I also looked up the statistics on them. what I read said 1-2 people die a year from them world wide. but anyway we ate them and lived! we have found a ton of morels, more than we have ever found  8) 

Thank You Sponsors!