iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by Woodboogah, April 09, 2013, 08:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

I am interested in some tips/tricks to get a little more out of my 066.  Its bone stock, does what  I need it to do when I need it.  Like anything, if  I can get a little more out of it I would like to. My main objective is not to burn it up, but I know there is power there that is not being used.  Thanks in advance  and interested to hear what you all have to say!!
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

HolmenTree

Is your 066 equipped with a dual outlet muffler?
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

ohwc

Easiest mod is to port the muffler. You can buy one or modify your own just make sure you still have a spark arrest screen in place if you do it yourself. Did this with my climbing saw a 330T and it made a huge difference. You may need to adjust your carb afterwards.

AdkStihl

Quote from: ohwc on April 09, 2013, 09:56:35 AM
You WILL need to adjust your carb afterwards.

Fixed it fer ya  ;)
J.Miller Photography

joe_indi

Does it have a green cylinder gasket?
That is a 1mm gasket. Replace it with a black metal 0.5mm gasket for improved compression.
If you decide to fit a dual outlet muffler, you could use a 0.74 jet. That is the one which comes on the Brazilian 660 Magnums.
Joe

HolmenTree

Quote from: joe_indi on April 09, 2013, 02:22:12 PM
If you decide to fit a dual outlet muffler, you could use a 0.74 jet. That is the one which comes on the Brazilian 660 Magnums.
Joe
That's exactly what my 1992 "Canadian" 066 Magnum Arctic Red Lite is setup with. Notice the 77° F  thermostat controlled heating element on the carb! And the best starter grip ever from a Jonsered 80.
Oh almost forgot, ha ha ,if you look close you can see the Oregon 50AL .050 .404 chisel bit chain

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Woodboogah

Thanks for the replys!!  Gives me some ideas
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Peacock

They respond VERY well to porting.  I took the base gasket out of mine to get a squish of around .025", manipulated intake and exhaust timing a bit and increased the area of both.  It had just under 200psi compression and pulled a 28" bar with absoluted authority in any hardwood.  Just grunted and motored through anything.
Stihl saws
Kubota tractor
Cummins turbo diesel

Thank You Sponsors!