iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Which one to keep?

Started by clowens, November 26, 2013, 02:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawTroll

Quote from: AdkStihl on November 26, 2013, 02:44:59 PM
Keep the 024
Be careful, he might actually believe you meant it, if he doesn't know better!  ;)
Information collector.

H 2 H

Keep the 024

Yes keep the 024 and toss the other in the river   :)
Brian

Old BROWN eyes strikes again !

"Saw troll speaks with authority about saws has never even touched. Well maybe he touches the pictures in the brochures before he rips on them"

".... guess you need to do more than read specs, and look at pictures !"

CTYank

You'll find many good buys, as they're available, on factory refurb Husqys, especially, at www dot VMInnovations dot com. E.g.: my 455r from them cost $327 to my door. Just starts and rips.

All their prices include FedEx shipping, to your door.

They also sell current "homelite"s- run, don't walk, away.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

clowens

I'm going to keep the 024.  I think I'm going to try and clean up the cylinder and put a new piston and rings in it since there's light scoring on it. 

Now to decide on a bigger saw to compliment it.  I was thinking 60-75cc,  but there a poulan pro 655bp for $250 locally that is calling my name.

brettl

Just my opinion but keep that $250 for something that doesn't say Poulan. You can buy a nice used Stihl, Echo, Dolmar/Makita, Husky, Jonsered etc. for that if you look at your Craigslist every day for the newest posts. I do, and just scored a well-kept 440 Magnum for $240.

When looking at Husky and Jonsered, remember they're part of the Poulan conglomerate. Some are dressed up Poulans, but some are still the quality we've come to expect from a Husky.

clowens

I havent ever ran one but ive heard really good things about that 99cc poulan 655bp.  I know stihl and husky are the brands to have but I also wouldnt mind having a poulan that would show them up either  :D

Al_Smith

Just a plain statement of fact some of the older large displacement Poulans are very good well made saws .

Too often I feel the general public has the idea all Poulan ever made was the type sold at Sears and Roebuck .Nothing could be further from the truth .

thecfarm

The only Poulans I ever have seen was being sold at a department store. Maybe the big ones did not make it this far North?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Andyshine77

Quote from: thecfarm on January 16, 2014, 09:45:13 AM
The only Poulans I ever have seen was being sold at a department store. Maybe the big ones did not make it this far North?

Size didn't matter much, at one time nearly every saw Poulan made was top notch. People today simply think they were always made the way they are today.
Andre.

Al_Smith

You're probabley correct as it seems some brands were just more popular than others in certain parts of the country .

Even today you can find a half dozen Stihl dealers in a thirty mile circle yet the only Husqvarnas might be at TSC or Lowes .Dolmar is non existant save TSC .

John R

Quote from: H 2 H on January 14, 2014, 01:15:35 PM
Keep the 024

Yes keep the 024 and toss the other in the river    :)
It would just pollute the river.
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

Thank You Sponsors!