iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 435 > T435

Started by JRHill, May 06, 2021, 06:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRHill

Well, well see. My 435 has been a royal PITB to get back in service. I am losing time so I bought a T435. The first thing is the bar was shorter and that's a good thing. This is a limbing saw. It is also almost 2# lighter so it feels more like a toy. We'll see how it cuts under load. I'm getting older so the shorter bar and less weight is a blessing. But if this thing wimps out under load I'm gonna be annoyed.

JRHill

Help! I thought that the T435 would use the same chain as the 435. I measured the pitch in the store and it was 3/8". OK, good to go. Not.

The T435 uses a different chain. I have a spool of 20RC for the 435 but it does not fit the T435 - I think the T435 uses low profile chain as it will not fit the nose or drum but the chain does fit the groove in the bar.

I can not find a cross reference for a bar and clutch drum for a T435 for 20RC. The OEM bar is 14" and I like it but wouldn't mind going longer even though its not needed for a limbing saw.

Any ideas?

Tacotodd

JR, if it has a conventional bar tightening system, then I see in my Oregon catalog an 18", but it's the longest that I see.

It's for 3/8 low pro chain, but the correct tail mount pattern for what I'm talking about. The tail is A095, but complete # is 180SDEA095
Trying harder everyday.

JRHill

The spool of 20RC that I have is not low profile. As I mentioned it fits the stock bar groove but not the bar nose or clutch drum on the T435. Both the new and the old saws are 3/8" pitch and .050 gauge...

It has to be the drive lug is different. So I need a bar and drum for the T435 for a chain that is not low profile so I can use the rest of an expensive spool of chain. Oh, and for use when I get the 'ol 435 back in service again. But I can't find a cross reference anywhere for a T435 using 20RC.

Tacotodd

Have Cannon bar make one for you. I did with my Echo, just be prepared for the sticker shock and a lack of enough power to pull the chain "proper". By proper, I mean it might not have enough speed to operate as originally intended. 
Trying harder everyday.

Tacotodd

If the drive sprocket is part of the drum, then you'll not have any joy from that route though. If it's separately replaceable, then you'll "probably" be okay.
Trying harder everyday.

JRHill

Has nobody gone through this? The output shaft of the Husq 435 is .460" The output from the T435 is .435. So I can't change drums. I think I can change the bar. But no use.

Does any resource have the appropriate drum/sprocket resource?

I have all kinds of pictures but you don't need to see something not fitting the drum and nose.

BTW, I know why the T435 has a smaller shaft. I'd ask "where's the beef?" The T435 is a good limbing saw but it can't hog down. Lighten up on it and it is good. Lean into it and it is lacking. But its a limbing saw.

Every once in a while we need more umph. This saw doesn't do it with clean fuel and oil. I'm not sure how it would work with a real chain.

lxskllr

I'm not sure you can switch to your 20rc chain. A search show it's .325 pitch. while your t435 is 3/8lp. Assuming you could get a .325 sprocket for your saw(you'd also need a new bar), I don't think it would work well at all with the 14" bar, and would be just about unusable with a 16". It's just too big and too aggressive for a 35cc saw.

JRHill

I'm embarrassed. I went and looked back. I can't believe it but I've had a miss-match for bar, chain drum. Not to mention the bulk chain and splicing links for the 435.

All I can say is it ran good. But the chains stretched excessively. Gee, go figure. TG I didn't hurt myself. And I cut a LOT of wood.

Roll eyes. I'm still gritting my teeth for a cross match chart. The site I bought the bulk chain was, I thought, trustworthy.

Tacotodd

Stuff like that kinda happens.

BTW, what were the markings on the drivel inks?
Trying harder everyday.

Tacotodd

I just caught that I said inks, but I meant drive links.

@JRHill, what were they marked? That kind of information is interesting and informative to us all here on the FF!
Trying harder everyday.

JRHill

The drive links are 35. Its the correct chain and fits the drum perfectly.

So screw the 435>T435 conversion. I believe the saw would pull the 20RC but the drum and bar are out of reach. Probably for a good reason.

BTW, I only let one of the Catahoula's out at a time. And when I'm cutting it's nice to have a work dog watching my back instead another critter eating it. We have three of them. Love 'em. Great forest dogs.

Thank You Sponsors!