iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fishing with an underwater camera on lure-video

Started by fishpharmer, November 12, 2013, 12:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

Interesting, for sure.
Seems the treble hook made a lot of noise (good or bad?? ) and the fish were going after the treble hook rather than the "fish" lure. Almost like the fish were snagged, rather than "swallowing the bait". 

But great shots..

Have to have some nerve tossing a $200 camera overboard... ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ljohnsaw

That's some good size fish! (coming from a trout fisherman ;) )  Are those cod fish?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

fishpharmer

Yes, I think those are cod fish.   Still amazes me how many fish are swimming around, as if they were in a tank.  Looks like they could easily be snagged. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Chuck White

Neat video, for sure!

The hook most likely wouldn't have flopped around so much if it weren't for the turbulance created by the camera!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SPIKER

Pretty cool video, back in the later 90's my Brother bought one of the 300 buck underwater camera systems that had a small 8" BW monitor, and a camera that ahd 60feet of cable weighted like a small torpedo.   Was pretty neat but the camera was a close range one.   Perch 7"er looked like a 5lb large mouth on camera lol.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

drobertson

Real cool video,  bout through my back out setting the hook in the recliner :D    fun stuff to watch,
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!