Stihl?

Started by metalspinner, December 18, 2007, 10:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

Are the orange cant hooks I see at the Co-op with a "Stihl" label Logrite tools?  I just want to make sure. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

farmerdoug

I beleive they are.  I remember reading on here on how they were working with Stihl.  I was in my dealer last week and never even thought of looking. ::)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

sawguy21

I have been trying to get information on Logrite tools from Stihl Canada but our rep has not heard anything about it. Sure would be nice to have them.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Quote from: Tom on August 08, 2005, 03:14:47 PM
An Announcement by Forestry Forum member Tamiam (Tammy) and wife of Neslrite (Kevin), owner of Logrite tools, unveiled a new business association for them and attributed it directly to the exposure  Logrite Tools has experienced on the Forestry Forum.

Stihl, the chainsaw manufacturer, asked for a copy of Logrite's tools to be manufactured with the Stihl logo on the handle and painted with the company's orange color.  Tamiam reported that Stihl had been looking for new products for their dealers and catalog and the Forestry Forum had jumped up in first place in their Internet search.  Research unveiled the positive comments the member base had made on the Aluminum, guaranteed-for-life tools and directed Stihl toward the inclusion of the cant hooks in their 2006 catalogs.   

Way to go Kevin and Tammy.  We're proud of you.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

farmerdoug

Jeff knows where everything is.  He the Man. ;D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

beenthere

And

So Steve only "thinks" I have just a short one... ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ely

those are cool. i think i need 1 more. just 1 more.......... for now.

neslrite

Sawguy21

We have sent samples to Stihl Canada and hope they will begin to carry the OEM tools also.

Tammy
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

WH_Conley

I have been in 3 different Stihl dealerships within 30 miles of my house, none of them have the Logrite tools, didn't know what I was talking about. All are old dealerships, have a set line of saws they carry for the market they cater too, production cutting. You can buy all the big saws and parts you want, they have a few small saws, guess the company requires it, ask a question about a small saw and they are dumbfounded.
Bill

neslrite

WH,
If your dealer has a STIHL catalog you can point out the tools to him.

He should then be able to order from his distributor if he wishes.
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

sawguy21

Thanks Tammy and Kevin, I will continue to ride their butts.

Tam-i-am

On Monday I will be sending the first shipment to Stihl Canada for distribution in the Canadian Stihl dealerships.  They will be receiving 50 PV048s and Log Stands to go with them.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

customdave

Tamiam Good news ! Getting Excited ! 2 questions , 1st- shipped to eastern or western Canada. 2nd- Is Logrite Sthil orange the same color (shade) as Logrite WM orange !, Reason asking have 3 WM orange Logrite Tools already need 4 more want to stay color cordinated , very important in bush. ;) P.S. VERY VERY IMPRESSED with quality of your logrite tools , will not own anything but !  Thanks customdave
Love the smell of sawdust

Dave Shepard

Stihl orange is different than Wood-Mizer orange. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sawguy21

Well DanG it all, I am no longer selling Stihl.  ::) Maybe we can get some with the Dolmar logo (hint hint) ;D

Tam-i-am

Customdave

We make them in Cardinal Safety orange for Stihl.  and they were shipped to London, ON. the way Stihl in US works is everything goes to corporate in Virginia Beach and then shipped to the 8 or so distributors who then ship to the dealers.  I believe Stihl Limited in Canada is probably set up the same way.  Just use their catalog and request the tool.

As for all the oranges we make:
Cardinal Safety for Stihl
RAL#2001 for WoodMizer
Sullivan Orange for Norwood
TimberKing has yet a different orange

It is easy to tell the oranges apart as none of them are the same.  Stihl's orange and Norwood's are the closest.

Tammy

SwampDonkey

We have a lot of Stihl  shops around here, will keep an eye out this summer. Most of the time I'm in a hurry for parts, but I do glance around on occasion.  I gave one away as a door prize at one of our annual meetings (marketing board) and was asked if I was a rep or dealer. Had to say no.  ;) I've got two more here at the house, one came in handy moving a 26" spruce in a pasture gate, saved some walking.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tam-i-am

Swampdonkey

do you get them from Bailey's or Wesspur?  I know both of those dealers do a lot of tools to Canada.

Tammy

sawguy21

I don't know about Wesdors but believe Baileys will not ship into Canada. Tammy, Stihl Canada head office and warehouse is in London, they have satellite warehouses in Edmonton and Langley (near Vancouver). I am hoping my former employer will stock them, I did sell a few peavys and cant hooks, so I can see one.

WH_Conley

Only got 2 Stihl dealers close. When asked about the hooks was greeted with a dombfounded look. Will get them educated. ;D
Bill

beenthere

Quote from: WH_Conley on January 10, 2009, 11:28:03 PM
Only got 2 Stihl dealers close. When asked about the hooks was greeted with a dombfounded look. Will get them educated. ;D

Order one from them...they will get it.  :) :)

Worked for me.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I might take one out to Mark some time this season and have a looksie to see if he has a new catelog on the counter. With wood markets and price these days at an all time low, I think his logger traffic is slowed down. But he does a lot of work on small engines that come through the door. I'll mention to him that Sthil Canada is carrying them. Of course mine are blue. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Night Raider

Have you shipped any cant hooks to canada?  If so I'll get my stihl dealer on to getting one, I'm having trouble finding one.  One peavey just isn't enough.

Tam-i-am

Stihl Canada has only taken peaveys and logstands at the moment.  If they do well I'm sure they will pick up the same tools that Stihl in the USA does.

Tam-i-am

I hope you guys in Canada like peaveys.  Stihl Limited in Canada order more peaveys but no cant hooks.