Stihl?

Started by metalspinner, December 18, 2007, 10:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

I saw one on the wall of Florida Lawn and Garden dealer when I went in to get parts for my mower.  He is also a Stihl dealer.
Will try to get a picture of it next time I'm in there.  He has it about 12 feet high attached to some peg hooks where no one can touch it. :D

SwampDonkey

Tamiam,

Peaveys would sell quicker than cant hooks, in this region at least. Most for small woodlot owners. Because of a pulp dominated industry here, and very small hardwood sawlog volumes. Large operators don't wrestle softwood logs by hand much any more. They buck and machine handle. There are a few portable mills, mostly hobbiest.

I talked to one poor old guy one day who was trying to sell his land and move into town. The house wasn't much and the land was all second growth and too young to harvest much wood,let alone saw. And he said his son had taken the plunge in buying the mill, sawed a little bit and decided it wasn't for him and left dear old dad with the mill payments. You get a lot of that in these parts. I tried to coax the old fellow into making a saw shed out of some tamarack growing on the edge of the fields, he said he was too old for that now. They had it out by a dead end road with a for sale sign.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tam-i-am

Well that explains why they are only ordering peaveys.  Thanks for the info.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

firefighter

I had a cant hook and stand shipped to Canada by Ben Meadows in the fall of 2008 ,they are very good to deal with . They convert the US price to Canadian on there web site .

Tam-i-am

Ben Meadows, Bailey's and WesSpur all carry our products and deal with Canada.  Also WoodMizer if you are looking for a cant hook or mill special.

StorminN

Saw my first Stihl Peavey in person today, at my local Stihl dealer... I asked the guy there if they were made by Logrite, and he wasn't sure... came home and checked, and sure enough the FF had the answer!

I also asked if he could order a cant hook instead of a Peavey, or if he could get Logrite tools (I'd rather have a blue cant hook than an orange one) and he said he wasn't sure, but he would check... should I bring him a name and number to call? Are Logrite products distributed directly, or is there a distributor / rep network?

Thanks,
-Norm.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

Tam-i-am

I don't have any active Canadian dealers left.  To get blue tools in Canada you can order directly from us and I recently found that shipping through the US Mail takes a few extra days but is much less expensive than shipping through UPS or FEDEx who will hit you with brokerage fees and duties.

You can also get blue by ordering through one of our catalog dealers like Bailey's or WesSpur, Forestry Suppliers.

You can get an orange one from one of the Canadian Woodmizers.

You can get only Stihl orange peaveys at this moment in time.  Stihl Limited in Canada has not taken any cant hooks.

SwampDonkey

Haven't seen any peaveys yet either. I think they leave it up to the shops to order them on demand.

I told the John Deere dealer he was running his Stihl product line for home owners. I said the first time a couple of guys come in here from a 20 man crew and can't get parts right then and a saw serviced on the spot, it'll be the last professional tree thinner he sees because word will get around to all the local thinners to not even bother stopping. It's as simple as that.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Also simple to figure out that a dealer would be foolish to stockpile items not needed by those who frequent the business.

Someone running a 20-man crew would be wise to let a dealer know ahead that they are looking to do business, and are interested in the dealer's support. Takes two to tango.  :) :)

I cater to my Stihl dealer because he appreciates my business, and I want him to stay in business, as he is convenient to me.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Yeah, I know a few guys as myself have been by, myself twice, and I went all over the FS550 and told them what guys need quite often.  Anybody that's knows their saws will have a pretty good idea. Like I never have to tell the reputable fellas around here, they are way ahead of ya. I walk in, buy the part or if it needs fix'n I'm good to go by tomorrow morning. Not that there is any pecking order but they know the blade has to spin to make money, we don't get paid by the hour.

Jasperfield

Tamiam,

I'd buy one if I could get it in Orange. Just "plain orange". And you could ship it to my regular "plain orange" address.

However, you don't offer one in "Orange".

I'll try back later.

Thanks,

Jasperfield