iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Carco Model E tech questions.

Started by Satamax, May 07, 2018, 04:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Any idea of what i might be dealing with?

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

Might have found what this is, a carco model E 

HD 5/6 QUIZ - AllisChalmers Forum

Looks pretty much like it. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

Guys, do i buy it? 300€. 60 miles or so, away. 

Satamax

So guys. 

I've had better pics, measurements, etc! 

I'll go to check it on wendnesday. 

There is one thing i read, in one forum.  Which i can't find again. The guy seemed to say. That this winch can't run on a pto which is running all the time. I don't quite get it. The "clutch" for the drum should be engageable even if the pto is running no? 

Thanks a lot guys. 

mike_belben

Wish i could help ya but i havent a clue.  Is carco still in business?  Or was their product line sold off to anyone who is?
Praise The Lord

bushmechanic

Looks like it may be a good boat anchor :D 

Satamax

Thanks guys.

Mike, carco is paccar/gearmatic too now.

It seems that i can find a manual for it still.

Bushmechanic. I'm affraid that's all i can afford for the moment. I'm still mad that i missed the can car 20b, that i had found for the same price.  

All the French winches that i can find, are all worm and gear, with the pto shaft to the side, which doesn't help me much.

See, like this,

Brake , shaft and worm to one side, clutch on the other.  This particular one. The Guy didn't want to open. And the winch has a very weird aluminium bronze alloy for the gear. Which gets stripped if you use the wrong oil.

And since the pto out, on my tractor is centered, it doesn't help me much to have the shaft at the side.  Plus, the French style winches, being more "known", they fetch more money.

American style winches with the centeted input shaft are a few and far between, on classified sites. And either people who have these, know what they have,  and sell for a fortune. Or are unsuspecting sellers, and sell for little money.  The gearmatic style controls, for exemple, if it's missing, seems to stump most of them.

The boat anchor has a clutch, either dog or friction, don't know yet. And a brake.  And a third lever, that i don't know what it might be. All i need realy.

But not to diss the french ones. The worm and gear winch above, has a 11 inch inner diameter on the drum. Which can accomodate 300ft of 3/4 inch cable. And big drums are easier on the cable too. 

Thank You Sponsors!