iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Re-Sharp Blades Not Cutting Well

Started by Pepe_Silvia, December 06, 2019, 08:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepe_Silvia

Is it common for blades that have been sent off to re-sharp to not cut well out of the box, or should I expect them to be as good as new?
Woodmizer LT15Wide GO, John Deere 318D Skid Steer

Magicman

Good as new.  If you have a problem, contact your ReSharp.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

You should expect good as new but I had a box of blades that didn't cut well.   Our Re-sharp shop had equipment out of service and was playing catch up after the equipment came back online. The subsequent boxes were as expected.

Magicman is correct, call them if you have issues.  They took care of my problem.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

YellowHammer

Properly sharpened bands should definately cut good as new, in some cases, better.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Southside

Agree with YH.  Many of us use the same equipment that Re-sharp does and yes things can go wrong and a band won't cut correctly, but usually they are better than new.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Pepe_Silvia

Of the 20 or so I've had sharpened they've mostly been good.  I just had one that was not cutting straight right out of the box.  Thanks for the insights.
Woodmizer LT15Wide GO, John Deere 318D Skid Steer

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Sixacresand

The blades from WM resharp cut like new. The ones I get sharpened locally also cut well. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!