iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What do you call this log damage?

Started by Grizzerbear, July 24, 2021, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Well Doc, you can call it a Dobro because it is a (tradename) Dobro. Personally I don't care if you call it anything you want. As far as your musicality goes, bring enough beer for the listeners and I bet before long you sound like Jerry D. himself, and if you ask Jerry what he plays I am pretty sure he will say 'dobro' regardless of the brand or builder. No wait, check that, knowing Jerry as I do he would probably say something funny like "adequately", or "well enough to get by".  ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Southside

Build a Dobro out of "Denim Pine" and watch the lawyers go nuts!!  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Southside on August 01, 2021, 05:01:17 PM
Build a Dobro out of "Denim Pine" and watch the lawyers go nuts!!  :D
If you think the lawyers will go nuts, wait until you see the guy trying to keep it in tune. :D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

chainsaw

Quote from: Grizzerbear on July 24, 2021, 09:24:00 PM
I've seen this fairly often with red oaks. Blackened checks, shakes, and pockets of rot are numerous. You can tell before you cut it from the black crack or scar at the at the base of the tree. It sometimes oozes with a sickeningly sweet odor. The damage usually tapers off a few feet up in the log. Do you know the correct name and cause of this damage?

we call it spangle or shake
Earth first,we`ll log the other planets later

Thank You Sponsors!