iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old log loader identification

Started by Sawmillman116, August 03, 2021, 11:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawmillman116

I just purchased this log truck. It's a late 80's f700. There is no identification tags it's stampings on the loader itself that I can find. I was hoping someone here may recognize it.

Also the hydraulic rams that rotate the turret are blown and I was hoping someone may be able to tell me how to remove them. I don't see any bolts to remove them from the turret 

hacknchop

Welcome to the Forum sorry I'm no help to you as far as your loader goes but you will get answers to questions when others check in latter today I'm sure.
Often wrong never indoubt

mike_belben

Is that a telescoping stick?  If it is i am gonna guess it may have been an IMT crane converted to grapple. I cant tell clear enough in the pics.
Praise The Lord

backwoodsdave

Pretty sure that's an old rack an pinion type rotate on your turntable, those cylinder barrels should unscrew from the center assembly exposing the cylinder rod with a piston packing, should be spanner wrench holes in the end of the cylinder or just use a chain type pipe wrench around the cylinder, pull them one side at a time, the large plug in the center you see through the access hole should have a thrust type assembly behind it to keep the rack tight against the rotation pinion, been a long time but I've seen similar in the past, can't help on actual manufacturer at the moment, seals probably available at a hydraulic supply house can be matched up.

Jeff

Id say it is a prentiss due to the yellow. Yes, its is rack and pinion. The rack cylinders thread into the mast.  We had one that blew the threads one time.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

hacknchop

I thought Prentice as well except the only ones i was around had foot pedals for left to right swinging of the boom but maybe Im just too old.
Often wrong never indoubt

moodnacreek

Yes the 'jars' screw in. Hope they are not rusty inside. I was going to say Hawk [IMT] but the extendaboom was not common then or is it a John deere rotoboom. They where yellow and had wide section boom and stick. 

Thank You Sponsors!