iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Smooth cut

Started by bandmiller2, July 31, 2015, 08:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Got a complement from a woodworker I sold some pine to. He makes small craft benches and told me he doesn't even have to plane the boards just a quick sanding with a belt sander. Carefull setting and a reasonable feed rate should give a fine finish. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Chuck White

That's a good thing, Frank.

I often get comments like "this lumber is semi-planed"!

Just tells me I take my time when setting and sharpening my bands!   ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

YellowHammer

Quote from: bandmiller2 on July 31, 2015, 08:54:37 PM
Got a complement from a woodworker I sold some pine to. He makes small craft benches and told me he doesn't even have to plane the boards just a quick sanding with a belt sander. Carefull setting and a reasonable feed rate should give a fine finish. Frank C.
It's got to make you feel good knowing you're cranking out quality product. 

I have to admit, I get a better finish sharpening and setting my own bands, also. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Chuck White on July 31, 2015, 09:25:40 PM
That's a good thing, Frank.

I often get comments like "this lumber is semi-planed"!

Just tells me I take my time when setting and sharpening my bands!   ;)

Same thing here. But then I get a box of new bands and they leave a surface that's glass smooth...... I save those for the clients with really valuable logs, who are -- or will likely become repeat customers. ;)

It's nice when a client mentions it.

woodmills1

really, I am getting heartburn when I have ramp up or slight operator error
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!