iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer sharpener & single tooth setter

Started by DbltreeBelgians, January 21, 2018, 05:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DbltreeBelgians

So I need a little info please.
Back in June I bought an old Wood-Mizer sharpener and single tooth setter at an auction and I know absolutely jack squat about either one. The sharpener is also a chain sharpener and the model is 30ads. It's 12volt and has a 120volt transformer.
The setter has an extra block that I'm not sure about but it might be to down set teeth.
Here's a few pictures of both. If anyone give me any info on either one of these I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks,

Brent

The extra block I'm not sure about is near the clamp handle in last pic. I noticed it doesn't have the spring loaded shoulder bolts to clamp the blade.

KirkD

Not sure but love your seat stand that is a great addition to a setter.
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

pineywoods

I have the same tools. It's easy to convert the setter to dual tooth if you always use the same amount of set. I converted my sharpener to use a cbn wheel. Both work well Posts in the sawmill forum a while back...pics in my gallery. Looks like someone just made up another block with adjustment for a different amount of set. Just swap blocks instead of re-adjusting..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: pineywoods on January 22, 2018, 10:24:14 AM
I have the same tools. It's easy to convert the setter to dual tooth if you always use the same amount of set. I converted my sharpener to use a cbn wheel. Both work well Posts in the sawmill forum a while back...pics in my gallery. Looks like someone just made up another block with adjustment for a different amount of set. Just swap blocks instead of re-adjusting..

Piney, I'll have to look in your gallery for the cbn wheel.
As far as the other block goes it's definitely a Wood-Mizer part. The thing I'm not sure about is the block isn't made with the spring loaded shoulder bolts that contact the blade body and pinch it in place before the setter point contacts the tip of the tooth. I looked on Wood-Mizers website but it must be so old that they don't have any info for either the sharpener or the setter.
If anyone has any instructions from Wood-Mizer on the operation of these items I sure would appreciate a copy of them.
Thanks in advance,

Brent

Darrel

A call to Wood-Mizer will probably get you the info you seek.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!