iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Captain at work at Empire Farm Days

Started by Brad_S., August 12, 2005, 06:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_S.

I had the pleasure of meeting Captain as he manned his booth at Empire Farm Days in Seneca Falls, NY.

When I got there, he was hard at work on a large oak slab.

I didn't realize Peterson had a board return feature but here Captain demonstrates it to a rapt crowd.

I stopped by on my way out to bid Captain farewell and found him busy prospecting in a piece of spruce.
[

Having found treasure, here he is digging for it. In the forground is the finished oak slab he had been working on earlier.

Captain entertaining questions from the crowd.

Neither of us had time to chit chat, but it was a pleasure to meet anyhow. I'll stop by and say HI in Booneville as well, if all goes well.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

moosehunter

I saw that slab up close late thursday afternoon. Pretty nice!
That last pic has a glimps of the LogRite display. Didn't see anyone around when I walked thru, but it was after four.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Paul_H

Brad,
thanks for sharing Empire Farm Days with us.Never been to New York.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Part_Timer

Great pictures Brad.  Thanks for sharing!  Looks like everybody had a lot of fun
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Tom

Is that an optical illusion, or are all of those boards quarter-sawed?  That would make a wood worker's mouth water.

Captain

It is ALWAYS great to meet another FF member.  Thanks Brad for the pictorial and our little meeting.  Since it was a "Farm" show and there was interest in the ATS model last year, that is what we brought this year.  Pretty tight quarters on my postage stamp lot. 

Brad was working with us behind the scenes to try to find some logs for us to cut.  Thaks for the help, Brad!!   Luckily, Ed from Timber Harvester in nearby Waterloo NY needed some big ones cut up, so I ended up with the Red Oak and Spruce in the pictures.  Yes Tom, Quarter Sawn.  Some REALLY BIG rays. 130 years old.  The oak log would have been a peeler if it had not sat around so long, it had some significant check in a few places.  Still a REALLY NICE log.

Found 2 pieces of hardware in the Spruce, but not with the blade :)

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!