iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

D+L 8x16 swing blade

Started by michaelhiggins, August 15, 2018, 12:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelhiggins

so there's this opportunity of a used 2015 D+L swing blade.  looked around for information and there's not much except the 
1.  manufacturer uses off the shelf parts which may lack engineering and durability and 
2. that they were once were sponsor of this forum, but aren't now.

not much to go on, but really looking for a used swing mill.  the asking price is $9.5K and the list price new is $11.5.

any thoughts about his mill?

-mch
-mch

nativewolf

you can buy used lucas mills for less.  The peterson's used price is more but so is the new purchase price.  For that price you can also get a new Lucas.  Anyway, there is a used lucas in Rochester NY on the very useful list craig maintains.
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Quote from: michaelhiggins on August 15, 2018, 12:37:53 PM
so there's this opportunity of a used 2015 D+L swing blade.  looked around for information and there's not much except the
1.  manufacturer uses off the shelf parts which may lack engineering and durability and
2. that they were once were sponsor of this forum, but aren't now.

not much to go on, but really looking for a used swing mill.  the asking price is $9.5K and the list price new is $11.5.

any thoughts about his mill?

-mch
Oh, and welcome to the forum and where are you located?  Also a used lucas in Alabama.
Liking Walnut

TKehl

There are a lot of people that come here asking about D&L, but no one with experience with them.

???

Nothing against them, but don't know a lot about them.  I looked into them, but when it came to portability, Lucas and Peterson beat D&L in my book when I bought my mill.  Since then you could add Turbo Sawmills to that list of highly portable swing mills.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Mt406

I have a D&L if you would like to talk about them PM with your phone number I will call tomorrow. I would PM you I am on my phone keyboard is to small 🙂

michaelhiggins

well i guess it's a done deal.  my partner went ahead and bought this mill.  so i'll post later i guess when things are up and running.  thanks for the reply(s).
-mch

Thank You Sponsors!