iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now this is a sawmill!

Started by Brian_Weekley, November 05, 2018, 09:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian_Weekley

I've been watching a series about a young Brit restoring the 1910 wooden boat, Tally Ho.  It's really a very interesting story.  A lot of great woodworking footage about boat building.  However, I thought you'd get a kick out of this episode about milling live oak for the project.

Milling Live Oak in the Deep South - Rebuilding Tally Ho EP19 - YouTube
e aho laula

charles mann

i watched a couple vids about the same boat restoration/builder and the same sawyer. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Resonator

2:35 "It's got a nine valve system. You got two methods, eenie meenie, minee, moe, or jus' grab somthin' and see what happens!"  
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Southside

No doubt that guy is related to @4x4American as he uses the same "grab something and see what happens" method!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

4x4American

Quote from: Southside logger on November 06, 2018, 08:06:47 AM
No doubt that guy is related to @4x4American as he uses the same "grab something and see what happens" method!
lol that's the only way to do it IMO!  Just don't put me in an AC-130 cause I'd prolly end up starting WWIII 
Boy, back in my day..

Southside

Yeah, that approach didn't work out so well for that F16 mechanic across the pond a couple weeks back.  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

florida

That's Cross Sawmill. He saws some big logs and has a bunch of good videos. If that place ever caught fire it would burn for days! I think he's still got bark from his first log lying on the ground.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Thank You Sponsors!