iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' 2019 ???

Started by Magicman, March 08, 2019, 08:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

Headed my way after the first of the year, 37000 lbs net. Merry Christmas !

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

doc henderson

What are your plans for it?  what kind of wood?  how will you move it?  uuuuuuuuge.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Brad_bb

That is a monster Tule, but I'm sure not your first.  What about the black marks showing on the end? Just go for it and sacrifice some bands?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

tule peak timber

This is a black oak that will be delivered in three truck loads from N. California.Not sure , or worried about the black stains at this point. I bought back my slabbing mill from the same gent that also bought my LT-70 wide to cut this stick but I don't think it will fit ??
  Got out of the slab business a year ago when I saw too many folks getting in and destroying the market. I have a use for the slabbing mill later in 2020 so I might as well start bringing logs in again.
 When it gets here we will par-buckle off the trailer and slice into table tops .This requires bunking under the trailer frame and a bit of thought as to where the log lands for milling. It took two 900 series cats to load at the other end and I'm one cat short at this end :D

btulloh

Wow.  That's a big stick. Looking forward to seeing it opened up. 

HM126

alan gage

Holy cow! In a regular sized tree those iron stains would be from nails. These are probably railroad spikes.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Magicman

May hafta dig a hole, back the trailer into it, and roll the log off on level ground.  ;D

The blue could be from the bar/chain while falling/bucking which would be easy to determine.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SawyerTed

So I sawed yesterday and today cutting cherry, ashe and cedar.  

The photo below is a load of Cherry.  

After the previous posts, I feel like the old men on the bench in front of the courthouse in Andy Griffith - just whittling sticks.

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

GAB

It's been said go big or go home.
Apparantly he doesn't want to go home.
I'll be watching for pictures as I'm curious.
A 4" thick slab in the center may require his cat.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Southside

Who are you making tables for?  Shrek?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

tule peak timber

I'm still getting calls for "stupid' big tables and doors that I'm making out of a dwindling stock pile. Walnut sells the best but anything huge has a market, at least for now.Don't know how much longer the slab market will last--my best guess was wrong last year. Time to shine my crystal ball.....

GAB

Quote from: tule peak timber on December 21, 2019, 08:12:51 PM
I'm still getting calls for "stupid' big tables and doors that I'm making out of a dwindling stock pile. Walnut sells the best but anything huge has a market, at least for now.Don't know how much longer the slab market will last--my best guess was wrong last year. Time to shine my crystal ball.....
And I always thought that crystall balls had to be calibrated. 
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

tule peak timber

Well,,,sign me up. I've been wrong before ! :D :D :D

Herc102

Amazing log!  This is my first post.  Just purchased an hm126, hoping to play with it in retirement. 

tule peak timber

Welcome to the site . Lots of logs ,,dogs ,, and knowledge here.

thecfarm

WOW and another WOW!!!! How many feet across is that? I cut some big pine on my land,4 feet across,and those made the ground shook when they would hit the ground. That really must of did some shaking!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Welcome Herc102. Finish filling your Profile with your location, etc. so that we will know/remember.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

Quote from: thecfarm on December 21, 2019, 09:29:16 PM
WOW and another WOW!!!! How many feet across is that? I cut some big pine on my land,4 feet across,and those made the ground shook when they would hit the ground. That really must of did some shaking!!!
Bought it ---haven't seen it . My wife tells me I'm writing checks my body can't cash......

redbeard

Wow!
Monster and Heavy too boot!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Bruno of NH

I thought the slab craze fell out this summer.
I was wrong once September hit sales picked up.
3 to 5 a week .
Some weeks 10 + mostly hardwood. 
I still plan for a slow down.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

Quote from: tule peak timber on December 21, 2019, 09:35:18 PM

Bought it ---haven't seen it . My wife tells me I'm writing checks my body can't cash......
A man has to be adventurous. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

boonesyard

whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smileyWow, incredible
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Poquo

I feel like I'm cutting toothpicks after seeing that log !

2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Thank You Sponsors!