iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question about cooks roller guides

Started by Arcticmiller, August 14, 2019, 03:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcticmiller

Hey Folks, 

I just ordered up a pair of cooks rollers. The Standard Complete Retrofit with Jaw. As the home made rollers on my saw were completely trashed, and poorly designed-and executed. someone literally hammered a larger tube over a smaller one and put some skateboard bearings into the small one, installed a pin through that then hammered that into a drilled tube...out of balance, wobbly, really bad... the vibration was a little much.

Anyway I need the dimension of the square steel tubing that comes off the back of the roller assembly (the part I need to weld to, to get it attached to my mill)Since I live in a remote location I need to order some matching stock now so hopefully I can have them both arrive at roughly the same time so I can get it all put together and start making sawdust. My roller adjustment setup is going to need some re-fabricating to make something that actually makes sense.

Thats the way of second hand homemade units sometimes I suppose, either way I am still super excited about this thing, I milled up just enough lumber to do some framing and partially build a deck on my shed before it got bad. This hobby rocks!

Oddman

Send Cook's an email or give them a call,  they are very helpful.

kelLOGg

Here's a pic from my MP-32. My rollers are for 1.25" bands.

The sq tube welded to the mill is 1.5" square with a 3/16" wall. The roller is mounted on a 3/4" square solid piece. 

Hope this helps, if not then what Oddman said.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Arcticmiller

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed!

Thank You Sponsors!