iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2020

Started by customsawyer, January 16, 2020, 08:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerTed

Quote from: doc henderson on March 24, 2020, 06:56:40 PM
@123maxbars now that would be a movie!   8) 8) 8)
One that would require eye bleach after watching!  No offense intended to 123maxbars but but that's not the sawmilling video I want to see! :D  :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WV Sawmiller

Nathan,

Please don't do it. I am still trying to clear my memory of the suggestion from Lynn about him walking into WalMart wearing a mask and gloves only to find the rest of the customers had on their street clothes too. There is a limit to how much a person can purge from their mind. I don't think I could take 2 such traumas so close together.  :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

petefrom bearswamp

Our gallon jar leaked when we inverted it so used 2- 1/2 gallon canning jars.
This was after we had made the gallon recipe.
Meyer lemons are usually available in the produce section and are put in whole.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

scsmith42

The governor of NC just announced a statewide "stay at home" order that will last 30 days, so it looks like I'm not going to be able to attend.

Bummer....
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

customsawyer

Don't think this is going away by the middle of next month so I'm officially canceling the project. 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Sixacresand

I hate it had to be cancelled.  I know that Jake's county has laid down the law about limiting gatherings to 10 people.  Jake, we appreciate what you do to put on these Projects over the years.  Looking forward to the next one. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WV Sawmiller

Jake,

Thanks for all the effort expended on this effort. Sorry it can't continue at this time but we all understand. I'll leave the catfish in the lake on the hoof to grow a little longer so they will be fresh for the next time.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SawyerTed

I too am very appreciative of Jake and others for the work it takes to put something like this together.  Emily and I both were excited about the opportunity to meet in person and to the sharing of expertise by the more experienced here.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

dbmoran

I hate that the sawing project had to be cancelled. I appreciate the effort from Jake, Gene, Danny, Robert, and Everyone else in putting this together.
We will get some lemon bourbon going in hopes that we can have another sawing project.

RichTired

Jake, I also appreciate the efforts you and others involved with this Sawing Project have put in to organize this event and I hate that it had to be cancelled.  :embarassed: 

But under the circumstances, I fully understand. Hoping everyone stays safe and healthy!
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

DbltreeBelgians

I was looking forward to the project but was just about to pull the plug on coming down. Thank you Jake and everyone involved for all the great effort in planning this get together. Hopefully all this chaos will settle down soon and we all can get together at a later date.
Everyone please stay safe.

Brent and Jill 
DblTreeBelgians 

Bruno of NH

I'm sorry to hear this
Hopefully you might be able to do one in the fall.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

donbj

Very wise move to cancel. The effects of this virus are expected to surge in the coming weeks. Strange world right now.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

caveman

Jake, canceling the project is the prudent thing to do.  I attended my first one several years ago and I look forward to it each year.  The knowledge that is shared freely, the fellowship with friends who have the same maladies (sawdust toxicity and other similar disorders), the food, and the opportunity to learn from  the best in the business from all over this continent are some of the reasons I look forward to attending each year (Usually, the only day I take off of work for the whole year is the Friday of the project-I have about 270 sick days saved).

The virus is getting cranked up here and not all of the folks who likely have it are being tested.  This morning Hillsborough County (Tampa) and Orange County (0rlando) both had 174 cases each.  By 11 a.m., Hillsborough was well above 200.  Let's try to stay safe and hopefully we can all make it to the next project.  

I appreciate all of the effort that you put in to host this annual event.
Kyle
Caveman

doc henderson

I agree, next year we can talk about the covid 19/20 virus that prevented us from coming.  we all are willing to sacrifice to come there, but we have to be safe and not endanger the older and chronically ill.  I was looking forward to being a second year attendee,  but if half of everyone could not come, I can wait a year.  Put us down for next year and save us a spot for a 41 foot trailer.  close to where ever the lemon bourbon stuff is!!  thanks Jake. @customsawyer
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

YellowHammer

Yes, it's a good decision.  Good call.  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Southside

Completely agree it's the right call.  I will miss getting away and visiting with friends, but will very much look forward to the next gathering.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

smokeatrr

I thinks this the best choice. Looking forward to the next one. I hope everyone is well and stays safe. 

Sixacresand

Life goes on. WDH and Customsawyer will probably RRQS a huge sycamore.  At least, I hope they do.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

K-Guy

@customsawyer 

I'll miss seeing everyone but at least my eyes will spared looking at you ugly mug, Jake. :D

Any thoughts on rescheduling in the fall?
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

customsawyer

I'm having thoughts all the time. :D
At this time I haven't been thinking about a fall version. The last time we had one in the fall we almost killed some northern folk with our warmer climate in the south. Not sure I could deal with that level of whining again.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

Life is what it is.  Good call.  There's always another opportunity. 
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Bruno of NH

Danny and Jake come north and give you demo's on my mill in the fall. 
The weather is great.
Jake you could ride your bike in the mountains.
It's great riding in the fall :D
No bugs or humidity. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

jmouton

level of whinning from us northerners,  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Thank You Sponsors!