iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A drinking problem

Started by Ianab, March 24, 2005, 07:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Hello .. my names is Bubbles the Parrot and I have a drinking problem

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

asy

Hehehe...

VERY cute!

I love lorikeets.

But. I hope you don't mind my posting this.

Please be careful, Parrots can carry a virus called Psittacosis. It is transferrable to humans. It CAN be deadly.

You can read about it here:  http://www.multiscope.com/hotspot/psittacosis.htm
and here:   http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/diseases/psittacosis.html

It can be caught from seemingly perfectly healthy birds, and can vary in expression from flu-like symptoms through to (rarely) death.

I spent 5 years as secretary of the Victorian Avicultural Council here in Aust. We did hear of cases.

I always shudder when I see people kissing birds or allowing them near their faces.

I sure hope you don't mind my saying this. I just would really hate to hear that you or your family got sick because you didn't know about it.

asy ;D

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Ianab

thanks Asy

But I dont think it will change much ;)

hopefully a single bird, not part of a wild flock will be reasonbaly safe. ::)

Thinking of the various animals we get exposed to, I'm not too worried

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

asy

Well..

That's true...

Discussing life with a bear in the woods would be much worse. (exchange feirce animal type here)

I had a Rainbow Lorikeet once, his name was Clyde. He was so cute.

He used to hang off the visor in the car while I was driving and he'd sit there quiet as anything until the person in the next car looked at him, then he'd squawk at the top of his beak and scare the daylights out of them. Sure was funny.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

LIL

LOL @ Asy@!!!!

I can just see that!

Bubbles is still getting used to the children at work and is quite quiet until the children start approaching - and then she starts squawking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is slowly getting used to them.  I would like to teach her to say Cat so that when Marmalade(MY CAT) stalks her she can let me know.  Ians cat named MORON for obvious reasons - isnt a threat!!! 

Asy I think Bubbles is the opposite to your parrot - she squawks and talks all the time when others 'can't hear her' but as soon as she is in earshot of others - she is as silent as a mouse!!!!

Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

sigidi

I hope that nose stud went back in alright Lil, maybe the taste of it will have stopped 'em from eating it again ;D :D
Always willing to help - Allan

LIL

It did go back in Si but then came back out again as easily!  Im going to have to start keeping her on my left shoulder instead of my right - shiny things are just too tempting! :D
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Ed_K

asy, you can come get the one that keeps coming up on our deck  :o. We do live in the woods tho  ;D.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!