iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark Ranger 663????

Started by tacks Y, October 11, 2020, 08:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacks Y

Any one heard of one? I think maybe comparable to a 662. Does anyone have a weight on a 662? Ford motor, will this be an auto? Run away fast? 

tacks Y

tacks Y

Ed_K

What is on the back of that skidder?
Ed K

mike_belben

Ohh thats some pretty lawn art.
Praise The Lord

tacks Y

Quote from: Ed_K on October 12, 2020, 09:03:57 AM
What is on the back of that skidder?
It is an 855 Cummins I think small cam. It ran a hydraulic pump an there was a rototiller under it I am told. Tiller is gone, looking to make back into skidder. Just another bad idea??? It is 4 hours from me so I have not seen .....yet. I also see a 664b for sale but can not find weight on it either? 

mike_belben

A free diesel is the kind of bait this fish can seldom refuse.  

If i needed a cab chassis, id look for sweepers, boom trucks, chipper beds paint trucks, dump trucks etc so theres something to sell or use elsewhere.  Cant be a lot of bidders on a machine like that.  Most people dont want a project so theres a discount for projects and premium for turn key runners. 
Praise The Lord

mudfarmer

The tires... are they dry rotted I have to wonder? They look brand new from tiny pic on my phone! That is a lot of $$ 

This is the type of stuff that gets me drooling.

Forwarder chassis sitting near me missing some bits and bobs, don't dare ask him about it in case it follows me home and have to explain to CFO why it was a good idea because there is definitely spare time and money for another project right?  :D

tacks Y

Mike, Price not to bad at 2800 but another 800 or more to get home.

mudfarmer, At least 1 tire is junk and with 18 x 25 tires I maybe looking for wheels and tires.

Still in the thinking stage. Maybe someone else will buy and save me the head aches. Still looking for weight on a 662 and 664b (another idea)

Riwaka

Is anyone going to put some ball park figures of what it would take in time and dollars to get a used skidder in the condition of the Clark pulling logs again?

Compared to spending around $10K to $20K on another better condition used skidder, might have you pulling wood in a few days time.

tacks Y

Quote from: Riwaka on October 12, 2020, 11:16:05 PM
Is anyone going to put some ball park figures of what it would take in time and dollars to get a used skidder in the condition of the Clark pulling logs again?

Compared to spending around $10K to $20K on another better condition used skidder, might have you pulling wood in a few days time.
Way to much for sure. I have a 440C to use for myself now. Looking for a smaller skidder and finding specs on old machines is tough. Looking at a 300 Skid King and a 207D but the 300 has a 353. So plan to change out if bought. The 663 has a Ford I believe. Still looking for a weight on a 662 or 663 and on a Case 300??

tacks Y

Found the weight on this 15,890. I would bid if lighter.

She looks like a virgin. 11k now but on the way up.

Plankton

16k sounds about right. When I got my 664 previous owner said it was 18k but i don't know.. The smaller clark skidders are so great imo because theyre built heavy and with the same geometry as a large skidder so there very stable.

If your looking for light I wouldn't be looking at clarks.

If wieght is for hauling yourself ok but if you have 23.1s on a 664 ground impact is minimal if your smart about it.

mike_belben

Quote from: Riwaka on October 12, 2020, 11:16:05 PM

There are simply no guarantees in life.  I have had the thrown out junk be a great item and the premium priced "almost broken in" gem be a moneypit lemon.  You just never know.  The $20k skidder may hit the ground running and 5 days later shear the crank or burn to the ground.
Its all a gamble.

Place your bets, and make sure they arent bigger than what you can afford to lose. 
Praise The Lord

Iwawoodwork

Mike B, good info, yes used machinery is always a gamble but sure a lot better than those huge payments on new stuff, especially for this old retired guy.  Just yesterday purchased a skidder, brand "Oregon Logger" every thing works except the brakes leak at the micro loc and the winch while hyd  is not plumbed for power off only free spool. 3-53 Detroit with 2 spd Allison, near new tires, about the size of a 666 clark. now to get  it moved.

nativewolf

Quote from: tacks Y on October 13, 2020, 07:48:58 AM
Found the weight on this 15,890. I would bid if lighter.

She looks like a virgin. 11k now but on the way up.
Yes that looks nice.  Even the rubber on that looks nice.  Where is it if you don't mind.
Liking Walnut

tacks Y

It is in Iowa. Sent you a pm.

mike_belben

Dont count on that rubber.. The charcoal black tells me the sun has done a number on them.  Ill bet theyre all powdery and cracked up close.  I think theyre ags not forestry tires anyhow. 
Praise The Lord

ehp

Never ever heard of a 663 and clark was made an hour from me , one thing you need to watch out with the 664's is clark put out some 664's that had fork truck rearends in them, How do I know , we had one . I think it was made either 1980 or 1981 . It would bust the sun gear setup and clean house , hub and all would need to be replaced. I think it was 7 times over 2 years but Clark finally came good for it kind of, I think it was 50% of the total cost . Skidder worked well thou and Clark is still I feel the best skidder built , the skidders from the late 80's and early 90's are very well built 

nativewolf

Quote from: ehp on October 13, 2020, 04:27:59 PM
Never ever heard of a 663 and clark was made an hour from me , one thing you need to watch out with the 664's is clark put out some 664's that had fork truck rearends in them, How do I know , we had one . I think it was made either 1980 or 1981 . It would bust the sun gear setup and clean house , hub and all would need to be replaced. I think it was 7 times over 2 years but Clark finally came good for it kind of, I think it was 50% of the total cost . Skidder worked well thou and Clark is still I feel the best skidder built , the skidders from the late 80's and early 90's are very well built
The one at the auction looks great.  Need more iron?  Doesn't have a grapple >:(
Liking Walnut

tacks Y

Quote from: ehp on October 13, 2020, 04:27:59 PM
663 is on the tag, saw a pic of it. Thinking to big for me, but interesting/fun project. It is in Ohio if anyone else wants to check on it. The 18 x 25 rubber and ford engine are listed as options on the 662, so an odd ball. 

Maine logger88

I believe all the Clark skidders will be heavier than your 440c. About the only skidders lighter would be 205 207 208 timber jacks c4 tree farmer 440 a and b Deere and s7 international's. Probably some others that I'm forgetting like Garrett and smaller franklins but I know next to nothing about those
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

mike_belben

Theres an itty bitty pettibone "speed master" in racine ohio on FB marketplace right now for $5500.  Allie cleland.  

Hopefully that doesnt violate any rules, i have no affiliation whatsoever. 
Praise The Lord

grabber green

I would pass on the 663 clark and go for the Pettibone speed master, that little thing looks pretty cool.

tacks Y

Quote from: Maine logger88 on October 13, 2020, 09:48:55 PM
I believe all the Clark skidders will be heavier than your 440c. About the only skidders lighter would be 205 207 208 timber jacks c4 tree farmer 440 a and b Deere and s7 international's. Probably some others that I'm forgetting like Garrett and smaller franklins but I know next to nothing about those
How about a Case 300 Skid King? Unable to find a weight on one and see a few for sale.
Quote from: mike_belben on October 13, 2020, 10:17:49 PM
Theres an itty bitty pettibone "speed master" in racine ohio on FB marketplace right now for $5500.  Allie cleland.  

Hopefully that doesnt violate any rules, i have no affiliation whatsoever.

Yes, I did see that. 12,200 lbs not bad my C is listed at 14100lbs. Not sure if that is the best to get in and out of, seems tire is in the way like my C. 

Thank You Sponsors!