iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CNC Versus Laser

Started by Stephen1, December 04, 2020, 09:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

We are wanting a small unit to engrave or write on cookies- charcuterie boards and such
Who has one or the other? Wha do you like or not like? We are looking at some CNC online shipped from China. 3018 models, some even have add on laser adapters.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

21incher

I have 2 of the Ortur 15 watt lasers from China and they work  great. They have very  little safety and no exhaust for fumes. I did some  videos  in a thread  back a ways. I recently  posted  a video  using both a 3018 cnc and one of the Ortur lasers about  making gnome chairs. The lasers  are rated  by input power and only have about  4 watt output and do a great job at engraving  wood.  I use lightburn software  for the lasers. I feel a separate laser is better  because  they can be set on any size object  to engrave where  with  the multi machines what you are engraving must fit on the bed which only allows  a couple  mm in clearance  over the focus distance.  Plan on many  hours  of testing  to find  the best speeds and power for different  woods and artwork.  At a min look for a laser and controller with pwm control of the power output  for gray scale. Ortur  uses custom 32 bit boards and offers good  support.  I have sold over 100 units  through  my links and so far everyone seems happy with theirs. There  are many  other less expensive  brands I have no experience  with.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

21incher

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!