iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sloppy weather

Started by Patrick NC, February 07, 2021, 09:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick NC

Woke up to this mess today 

Not in any way comparable to what you guys up north have been dealing with, but nonetheless it makes for a miserable day. 2 inches of melting snow on top of mud won't make a fun day at the mill. I've got about 600' of cedar to saw today to finish an order that has to go out tomorrow. If it ever dries up I'm going to get a few loads of ground up asphalt to put on the mill yard to keep me out of the slop. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

brianJ

Quote from: Patrick NC on February 07, 2021, 09:21:25 AM
Woke up to this mess today  

Not in any way comparable to what you guys up north have been dealing with, but nonetheless it makes for a miserable day. 2 inches of melting snow on top of mud won't make a fun day at the mill. I've got about 600' of cedar to saw today to finish an order that has to go out tomorrow. If it ever dries up I'm going to get a few loads of ground up asphalt to put on the mill yard to keep me out of the slop.
Let you in on a secret.   This yank will keep my severe cold just to stay away from that kind of slop.    In November I cant wait for colder December just to get that slop solid.

Patrick NC

I grew up in Churubusco NY, about 3 1/2- 4 hours northeast of Syracuse. Spent the first 21 years of my life there. My parents still live there. You are absolutely right. I'd rather have cold and frozen over mild and sloppy. I moved down here because of work, but I have 50 acres waiting for me when I retire. I'm planning to use my vacation time over the next several years to build a retirement cabin there , but the rona has delayed the start of that project.
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

farmfromkansas

We had slop here in Kansas, but now that the cold front is here, it's all solid.  Had to build a fire in  shop furnace to keep the shop from freezing, wife moved her cats in there, for at least a week till we get a warm up.  Cows eat a lot of hay during cold weather.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

hopm

Slop around my mill had been there so long it stinks....smells like a hog lot

Thank You Sponsors!