iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Warrior

Started by Magicman, June 27, 2024, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

To me a Warrior is something or someone who fights against all odds to survive.

We were at the farm for a couple of days getting ready for the 4th and our annual scavenger hunt trail rides.  In the Cabin's back yard is a Warrior.  My Mom planted this Pear tree in 1937, after she and Dad married:

IMG_6043.JPG
From a distance is looks pretty good but....

IMG_6052.JPG
Close up shows otherwise.  Hurricane Katrine did much damage in 2005 but somehow there was enough warrior spirit to help it to survive.

IMG_6051~0.JPG
I even spotted 4 pears, two of which are shown in this picture.  I seriously doubt that the pears survive, but the tree is trying.

Speaking of Warrior, I know the older members know why the red Warrior appears on the top of the Forestry Forum page, but maybe it is time remember the original Forestry Forum Warrior:  Sarah.

Warrior LINK and Warrior LINK

I don't know/remember why there are two topics, but there are.  I also do not know the outcome of Sarah's treatments and her response.  I saw where @DonT logged on in 2021, but no update. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

newoodguy78

Magic that's a tree to be proud of for sure. The resilience of trees especially fruit trees always amazes me. Not so much pear but many times I've seen old apple trees that make me wonder how they even have leaves on them let alone limbs dripping with apples. 

SwampDonkey

I hope everthing is going well with Don and his daughter Sarah, as well as the rest of his family. I had a classmate in grade 3 with the disease. One day she never came back. Tears rolling down my face now. Tough, nasty, stuff. smiley_thumbsdown
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Thank You Donk for the update on Sarah.

There is a bit of old family memorabilia displayed at the Cabin:

IMG_6054~0.JPG
My Mom's clothespin bag and also the water dipper that hung beside the water bucket in the kitchen.  All of the family and probably visitors drank water from that dipper.

IMG_6053~0.JPG
My Grandfather's Walnut square.  It is only about 1/4" thick and the joint is lapped.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

That wasn't an update MM, the first sentence was missing the word 'hope'. Typing on this PS4 has words flying by my brain faster than sometimes gets typed out. Will edit.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!