Sponsors:

Hydraulic Winch Parker F11

Started by Janylor84, May 10, 2021, 01:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janylor84

I just acquired a couple of these Parker F11  
Small Frame Fixed Displacement Parker VOAC Bent-Axis Motors
and I want to try and make a Hydraulic winch. Any good ideas out there 
I'm new to the hydraulics game and want to learn. I would like to make 2 of these.

1. with an electric motor so i can mount on my trailer.
2. would hook up to the hydraulics on my tractors front end loader.

https://www.rg-group.com/store/product/3707310/f11-small-frame-fixed-displacement-parker-voac-bent-axis-motor

mike_belben

26gpm, 10k rpm and 5000psi makes it a pretty serious motor.  You gonna have a V8 winch? 
Praise The Lord

PoginyHill

That motor is not the best for a winch. But it'll work with significant speed reduction. A slow-speed, high-torque motor is best for a winch. But with the necessary speed reduction to use this motor, motor torque (and therefore psi) requirement is less.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

mike_belben

Those are good for a mower, flail, blower/vacuum, barsaw or maybe a  transmission drive.
Praise The Lord

Al_Smith

Ingenuity goes a long ways on things like home built winches .I have a Greenlee wire puller 120 volt with a capstan drive .A generator and couple of snatch blocks and a long 1" nylon line it will move a lot .My dad cobbled one  together using  chain drives and a Ford long shaft starter motor, slow but had a lot of power . 
I've seen older home builds that used a Ford model A transmission .Which BTW were used on a lot of things back in the day .It's all about mechanical advantage ratios .You could probably move a lake freighter through the Soo locks with a riding lawn mower with a long enough line and a zillion snatch blocks if you could get traction. Of course you would have to pull out 1000 feet of line to move it an inch . 

mike_belben

there are quite a few predator powered backyard pickup trucks out there these days.  chain and sprocket on the input shaft. 
Praise The Lord

Janylor84

Thanks everyone for the input... Like I said new to the hydraulics game.... If anyone has build specs or suggestions to help reduce speed would be great.

Janylor84

Another question is since I have a couple of these would to possibly make an Alaskan mill with a portable stand with a 50 to 60 inch bar on it would this b possible?

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

fluidpowerpro

A bent axis motor like the Parker/Voac F11 is a very efficient design and would do well in a winch application because it has very good starting torque characteristics. As others have pointed out, you will need to have a gear reduction on the output. Most often this is a planetary type gearbox which will get you the necessary bearings for the heavy loads on the cable. There are some companies that make the winch drives that have the planetary gears inside the winch drum so all you need to do is plug the motor into it. If I recall, there is a company called Pullmaster that probably offers a winch set up like I describe. Make sure you hook up the case drain line on the motor or you will blow the shaft seal...
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Janylor84

Thanks for the information fluidpowerpro i will look into this.

Anxious

I have a parker f11 just wondering if anyone has used one on a swing blade mill.
Would certainly simplify the process.
My tractor only delivers 12 gpm so I guesstimate the motor will be doing about 5000 rpm @ 2400 psi will probably have to reduce the speed a bit.
Just wondering if this motor will have enough torque with existing inputs to run a 21 inch dia blade or  smaller.

fluidpowerpro

Do you know how much HP is typically required to run the 21" blade as well as the desired RPM.
Also, do you know the displacement (cu" or cc) of the F11? With that info I can run a few numbers to see if it will work.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Thank You Sponsors!