iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hood slasher

Started by loggerman1959, July 07, 2021, 02:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggerman1959

I have a hood 20000 loader and circle slasher , im having problems getting the blade on the slasher to move back and forth . The blade turns good but I can't get pressure to the cylinder that moves the back and forth .I replaced the quick couplers , and took the foot valve apart and cleaned it on the valve bank . Still nothing........any suggestions?

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

kiko

Never laid hands on a circle slasher. It can't be too complicated if in person. . Under normal operation , does the foot pedal start the saw turning and move it forward and then retract retract on opposite side?  You say no pressure going to the cylinder as in zero? , what about flow? if you have flow to the cylinder but no movement the cylinder piston seals may be  are completely blown or the piston may detached  from the cylinder rod letting the flow return to tank with basically no restriction.  

Grandpa

Does it have a restrictor in the hose on the rod end of the cylinder? If so, open it up half a turn and see if that helps.

Great people at Hood. A real person answers the phone when you call and they are very helpful. The phone number is on their website. Most of the people there have worked there forever and know their machines down to the last nut and bolt.

mike_belben

I would unscrew the quick couplers, put the hoses in a clean bucket and have someone stroke the saw controls.  

Oil flow or lack thereof will tell you if your problem is in the sawbuck or in the knuckleboom.  Im not familiar with those machines to understand the plumbing layout or know if any special valving is involved.  
Praise The Lord

Maine logger88

Kiko the saw has a separate valve for the disc the disc spins all the time 5 lines pressure and return to the motor a case drain and forward and back on the cylinder. I'd check pressure and make sure your getting enough to move the cylinder it's pretty easy to t in a gauge but my bet would be packing completely blew out or the rod is broke off. That's what happened to mine last winter the rod broke right at the glad saw closed then wouldn't open again 
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

cutbank

there is a flow diveder on mine out by the saw , when you send the saw toward the wood it steals some of the oil going to cylinder and sends this oil to the saw motor to give it a boost in speed . i would disconnect cyclinder pin to see if it will retract fully without load.

Thank You Sponsors!