iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's on the way!

Started by maple flats, July 24, 2021, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

On May 3rd, 2021 I ordered a Woodland Mills HM130Max with trailer package. I was told it would be shipped by Aug 31, 2021. Today I got an email notice that it has been shipped. about 5 weeks early. I like that better than 5 weeks late.
Now I will be busy in summer weather rather than fall/ winter weather.
I need some information from any Woodland Mills with trailer package owner. About how long is the trailer package when it is shipped? I have it set up so I pick it up at a local terminal, and I have 2 trailers. A 10' bumper hitch and a 16' gooseneck hitch. Will I be able to haul the mill, trailer, 1 track extension, and a blade sharpener all on a 10' trailer or will I need my 16'? The reason I ask is that the 10' has sides that come off, which would make it far easier to load and unload, the gooseneck has permanent sides, 6" tall and tandem axles, plus ramps on the back. I can remove the ramps, but can't remove the sides on that trailer. The sides are welded on 1/4" steel for added strength.
Both trailers have the necessary payload capacity.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

btulloh

Give them a call on Monday or send an email. I'm sure they can tell you. It may be available on their document area of the website. 

Mine would have been fine on the ten ft trailer, but I didn't have a trailer package. 

Nice to get it early. Sure beats getting it later than promised. 
HM126

VB-Milling

I had a similar question and took to their website and found the information I was looking for regarding the HM126.

Same info is available for the HM130max

https://woodlandmills.com/product/hm130-woodlander/#shipping

They have pallet dimensions there.

Sawmill pallet:
84in x 36in x 26in

Trailer pallet:
84in x 20in x 25in
HM126

HemlockKing

Congratulations sir, must feel like a kid at Christmas time. 
A1

Daburner87

I ordered an HM130Max with the Woodlander XL trailer, and I got an email saying it would ship on 7/5, but I haven't seen any updates since.  I too had an Aug 31st guaranteed shipping date, so it definitely seems like it's coming sooner than later.  
HM130Max Woodlander XL

maple flats

They gave me a PRO Number for the trucking co. Then it said it might take a couple of days to show up on the trucker's website. I guess they must generate the shipping documents and send an email that it shipped, when in fact it has not been picked up by the trucking co yet.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Daburner87

Well mine shipped today! Hopefully be here by the weekend or next week some time.
HM130Max Woodlander XL

metalspinner

Maple flats
Can you put some bunks on the deck of your 16 footer so they can load the  crates from the side? I'd rather do that that than make two trips, potentially. 
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Lostinmn

Nothing better then new toys arriving early  8)

maple flats

The notice I got said it might take 24-48 hrs to show up on the trucker's site, it has been 96 hrs and still the trucking co does not show it. I sent a note to Woodland Mills to verify the info they had given me. As of now, I'm in limbo.

maple flats

My question on what it needs to be hauled on is now more confusing. I see some pictures (in the Woodland Mills owner's facebook area) that show pics of shipments as others receive their mills, some are stacked on one pallet, others are on 2 pallets. I ordered the sawmill with 1 extension, the trailer and one extension on the trailer, plus a sharpener. I guess I'll just get enough pallets to raise the deck so however many pallets it is on, I can accommodate it.

VB-Milling

I would think yours would have to come on two palettes as shown on their website.  Stacking mill extension, the trailer package, the trailer extension AND the sharper package all on top of the mill crate seems like a lot.

Try calling/texting R&L Carriers

205-498-9841
HM126

maple flats

R&L finally shows it in tracking. Total weight is over 2000# so I need the gooseneck trailer, it is in 2 pieces. I got the HMI30MAX, 1 track extension, the trailer, 1 trailer extension, the blade sharpener and a tooth setter (the setter came about 2 weeks ago) They say it should be at the local terminal tomorrow, I'll go pick it up Friday. Then I'll set up a 10x20 pavilion tent and set the sawmill up under that. Once the trailer and sawmill are assembled I'll cut lumber to make a roof over the  whole thing. I'll make the roof about 6' wider than the trailer axle and about 4-6' longer, then off one end I'll build a 8x10 or 10x10 room for storing my blade sharpener, and other tools and supplies for the sawmill. Net, my mill will be 4.5 weeks early in relation to their projected ship date.
I ordered it May 3, 2021.
My grandson just mowed the spot where the mill will go to start, once I build the roof for it, the mill will move just a little. I just finished putting hydraulics on my excavator to control what used to be a mechanical thumb, thus making it faster to move logs. I have 2 piles of logs, some of which will likely be no good, but the whole piles need to be moved for my plans for the sawmill. The addition of hydraulics went fine until I tested it, I had left 4 connections just finger tight. That doesn't seem to seal hydraulic oil at about 3000 psi from leaking. After tightening them and cleaning up the mess, it worked fine.

maple flats

I just checked tracking. The mill was supposed to go to the Syracuse terminal, but it went right past Syracuse, who's terminal is about 1 mile off I90, and proceeded to Albany, an extra 124 miles. Now it needs to come to Syracuse, another 124 miles back. Sometimes their efficiency confuses me.
With all of this, it still says it will be in Syracuse today.

chet

popcorn_smiley Well, did it git back ta Syracuse ?
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

maple flats

According to the tracking it finally arrived in Syracuse at 5:13 this morning. I guess with all of the excitement of waiting all this time, one day latter's not all that bad. Besides, when I ordered I was told it would ship by Aug 31, so it actually arrived a month early. I have an appointment this morning but I'll go get it this afternoon.

Daburner87

Just got mine today, very disappointed.  I didn't notice right away, but after trying to unpack everything, they shipped it on its side...  Or it fell over during shipping somehow and they flipped it on the wrong side.  Ridiculous when you spend over $600 on shipping.  Stuff is banged up, completely missing one jack stand.
HM130Max Woodlander XL

btulloh

That's annoying to say the least. 

Was the saw box on the side too or just the trailer package?  That stuff is usually strapped to the pallet so it should remain in place unless there's some major upheaval.  A little bit of a kink in the situation but I'm guessing it will get worked out quickly. 

Good luck with the assembly process. 
HM126

maple flats

I picked up my shipment yesterday. At the terminal I took some pictures after they loaded it on my 16' gooseneck trailer. Looked like a rough forklift driver hit it in 2 places. I however haven't found any damage (yet) inside. I unpacked the trailer today and sorted most of the bigger pieces out. I'll start assembly in 2 days.
I'll pull those pictures off my cell phone and put them in my gallery in a new album, then I'll post them  in a few days.
I was looking for a fork lift with side shift, they apparently (or the driver didn't want to go get it). At first when he came out, I requested he set the first pallet down, back out to the end of the forks so it would be set at the center of the trailer, he said he couldn't do that. Then as he tried to load the trailer, he backed up, set the load down and backed up to have the load near the end of the 5' forks, and he then loaded it. He still was about a foot from being centered. So then the second palled had to be loaded from the other side and near the back to balance the load. It worked but with 6' forks or fork extensions it could have been centered. My excavator unloaded it using 2 sets of 27' ratchet straps, I just slung it and lifted the 2 pallets, each was just over 1000 lbs.
In 2 days I'll get enough done on the trailer to see if there's any damage. Then I'll have 1 day for spraying my blueberries and then back to assembly. My 12 yr old grandson will be helping me. When I begin milling, he'll be trained how to saw. He's a good helper and looks more like he's 14-15, but I need to remember he's only 12.

Daburner87

Yes unfortunately the main saw box fell completely on its side...     The boxes that were strapped on top of that box completely fell out and bounced around the truck.  I'm missing one jack stand, and I'm sure a few nuts and bolts.  I was able to unpack everything and put the steel frame holding the saw etc... right side up with a car jack and some 4x4's little by little.  

I've already contacted Woodland Mills about it but I'll have to wait until Monday for a response. Every green powder coated piece of equipment that says "Woodland Mills" on it has a scratch or dent somewhere.  The steel crate it ships in completely tipped over(thankfully saw side up at least).  I understand it's a heavy duty machine, and it's going to see some abuse in its lifetime, but to take unnecessary damage like that really sucks.  Parts that are powder coated have deep scratches that will need cover up to prevent rust and it's not how I envisioned my saw set up going at all.  Every box on both pallets showed signs of damage, and I paid over $600 for shipping alone.

The deliver guys noted it as "Damaged Pallet" when they gave me the paperwork, but I didn't know the saw tipped over completely until I started unpacking everything and taking inventory.   The only other time I got a big delivery like this was for a Hot Tub, which the delivery guys opened and inspected when they dropped it off.  These fellas did not stick around after this stuff came off the pallet jack.  
HM130Max Woodlander XL

btulloh

Truly disappointing after all the waiting and anticipation. Sounds to me like the carrier's insurance company will own that saw soon. Hopefully it can be replaced in a timely manner. 

A couple nicks or a torn box is one thing, but you're way beyond that. There's no telling what all got tweaked. I hope Monday morning will bring some remedy. 

This is another illustration of how the labor shortage is impacting things st all levels. Nobody can find good help these days. 
HM126

Daburner87

^They had some deliveries to make after me that were in terrible shape.  There was glass broken in the back of the truck from something recent.    These guys truly didn't care.     

But I already started assembling everything.   I only have two days off and I want to make the most of it.  Woodland Mills is a reputable company so hopefully they will make it right.   Even the aluminum water tank was banged up.    I don't really know what Woodland Mills will do.  Do I ask them to send replacements? Do I ask for a refund on shipping? I really want/need a mill do I ask them to take it back all together? I feel its past that point after assembling some of it. 
HM130Max Woodlander XL

drlewis

my woodland mill came thursday. the truck driver was great helped me get it from road to cabin about 800 ft he put down 4x4s to set in on pallet was bad shape,i got bite by tick and now have lyme so getting on off tractor is slow.friday  asspl it  and sat sawed 20 4x4 post and about  50 round edge planks . worked great. very happy with the mill, and 5 weeks ahead of due date.

Thank You Sponsors!