iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lumber prices.

Started by welderskelter, July 24, 2021, 09:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

welderskelter

I was looking at the price of lumber at Menards. What are you guys charging for green red oak and black and white ash lumber by the square foot? Must be outrageous. ??? I have a little sawed up and stickered and was wondering what to charge. Well, spell check dont like stickered. How is it supposed to be spelled?

welderskelter

Is anybody out there. Hello? Yohoo. Hmmmmmm ::)

btulloh

It's spelled right. Stickered.

Can't speak to your real questions. Somebody will. Big box prices for hardwood are way higher than an actual lumber yard. 

Patience.

HM126

barbender

I charge a buck a board foot for green red oak in 8' lengths, more for longer stuff. I don't sell enough air dried to say on that. Most green hardwood I have access to in my area would be the same buck a foot. It's a simple number and I'm a simple guy😊
Too many irons in the fire

welderskelter

Nobody else? Thanks Barbender. Was hoping to get a few more to chime in.

Andries

If it helps, we sell white oak (Bur Oak) air dried or green, at $2.50 CAD which is $2.02 USD at todays exchange rate.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

btulloh

Charge what the customer will pay as long as it's enough to make it worth your while. So much depends on the local market, the type and quality of your oak, and what people perceive to be an acceptable price. 
HM126

KenMac

In central Alabama I get $1.50 a board foot for what little red oak I sell and usually $2.00 for white oak, both green.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

moodnacreek

Quote from: KenMac on July 27, 2021, 06:02:00 PM
In central Alabama I get $1.50 a board foot for what little red oak I sell and usually $2.00 for white oak, both green.
Me too.

bannerd

Depends on the wood and the quality... .70 cents all the way up to $20 a bf.  Had a black-walnut that was 30" wide and 3" thick and it "wood" never sell.  Had the same size black walnut with heavy ray flecking and it sold the day it was cut.  It was $14 a bf ($700).

I think it's important to NOTE that some people might not like the looks of the grain.  Others have to have it but it's important to know that as a sawyer.

Thank You Sponsors!