Norwood help ??

Started by OH Boy, September 27, 2021, 07:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH Boy

I bought a new Norwood LM 29 and would be excited to use it when i finally get it built. has anyone else experienced slow receipt of back ordered items from Norwood or other suppliers? I've been waiting two months on some back ordered parts for the trailer package. I understand some supply chain issues but two months? even that would be manageable maybe, but in building the kit now i've run in to a critical part missing from the boxes so i'm stuck. anyone else run in to something like this recently? is it all supply chain issues?

Southside

Two months is nothing.  Look around, new vehicles are sitting in large lots for 9+ months waiting on computer chips.  Almost all mill mfg are backed up over a year.  Booking for beef slaughter in June 2022 opened a week ago at the facility we use.  

See what is going on in the UK?  About to run out of gasoline and diesel. Natural gas is not far behind. Don't plan on getting a hospital room in NY state. China is having massive blackouts and saying it's the "new normal".  

Yes, the supply chain is broken.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

OH Boy

fair points, i did just see thousands of shipping containers on the west coast backed up and no one to work to move them. not sure it affects my issue but a sign of the times. not picking on these guys specifically, they did answer my call and sending the part i was missing from the kit. frankly one of the reasons i'm upgrading the mill is to have something to do when it all falls apart, might be able to barter some wood for whatever. that is if i can get diesel in our new economy to use the tractor to move a log.

hopm

Ordered my wife a vehicle in march. It's in a rail yard somewhere in sc. been there over a week. They tell me there is no one to unload.

OH Boy

just following up, after the shipping wait, i got all the parts and finally had enough time to get the new LM 29 ready to cut. then it rained all the next day, so this week i'll be cutting into the first log on the new Norwood. 8)

trimguy