iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nyles Kiln Question

Started by Rick-Wi, July 19, 2002, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick-Wi

Anyone own a L200? What size should the Kiln Chamber be?We will be getting one by Mid August, but would like to start the building now.. Anyone with suggestions?

Rick-Wi

Sawyerfortyish

I also have looked into the Nyle l200 and thought about making a long narrow building kind of like a semi trailer with a door at each end and tracks running all the way through so when one load is done it can be pushed out one end and another load pushed in the other end.Nyle tole me that somthing like this would require 5 fans on a 40' building. just my 2 cents worth.

dewwood

Contact Nyle they have all of the information you need as far as chamber size and cfm requirements.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

JoeyLowe

;D  Hey Rick:

For $40.00 you can get the plans and the operating manual to the Nyle L200.  I just ordered that one today.  Kind of excited about getting it installed and firing it up.

While I'm thinking about it, is this an appropriate place to discuss the business aspects of running a small sawmill or is there a better place?
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Tom

I'd say it would be a  pretty good place.  You might make a lot of people happy.  There's a lot more read than post so you may not get immediate responses, but, you never know what kind of interest you will drum up.

It's your envolvement here that generates members.  If you don't discuss things here then I'll be left all alone, and that's no fun.  :D

ARKANSAWYER

Joey,
  No better place to ask your questions then here.  But you had better put on your rubber boots and duck tape the top as the BS can get deep.  Each area of the country is different as to what works but we all run into the same problems just different ways of dealing with them.  Me I have to put up with retired Yankees and the guys up north that is all they have.  I also have to put up with poor white southern trash and a man can just take so many 3 legged coon dawgs in trade for lumber.  Fire at will.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Rick-Wi

ARKANSAWYER, I been called a lot of things and most are true to one extent or another, but retired Yankee? I just a poor ol country boy that thinks snow looks good. Don't get me wrong, I can whip you up a batch of biskets and gravey, in a dutch oven over a campfire that is only bested by your mama's. But even she will say it is fine eats. We country boy's can survive, no matter if in the north or south, Nice and cool here today 97, but then again, you southern boys would probabaly need a sweater today.. Hee Hee

Rick-Wi

ARKANSAWYER

Rick
  We's just get tired of hearing how good it is up North and how they do things better.  If it is so good why are they moving down here in truck loads?  It is not all of them just a few from the Windy City. :D  I like's most of them.  I guess you are glad when them others move down here.  ;D  
  Just remember that down South gravy is a fork food.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!