iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Road Closures

Started by Ron Scott, July 26, 2002, 04:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

This timber access road was opened up for an oak selection and aspen removal timber harvest. The landowner previously had the trail road closed and required that it again be closed after the timber harvest to keep motoized vehicles off the property.

The access road is used as a walkway and hiking trail through the property for pleasure and wildlife viewing. There is a small pond and marsh area to the right.

~Ron

Frank_Pender

Thank you for sharing, Ron.  We have the same forts of regs on our place here.   Very limited vehicle access.  Lots of waling allowed and horseback riding. ;)
Frank Pender

Ron Scott

Road Closure. This access road is being closed to motorized vehicles after the timber harvest at the landowner's request.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Road Closure.  Log barriers in place.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Young 4 Point Buck. Feeds in closed road of timber harvest area.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Closing Access Road to Timber Harvest Area. Cable skidder pushes earth and woody debris barrier up to steel gate posts. Five Oaks Hunt Club timber harvest area.

~Ron

WV_hillbilly

Heck Ron those logs would give the boys down here something to climb over with their big 4x4's when they drank one to many cans of liquid courage.

Hillbilly     ;)
Hillbilly

Ron Scott

I agree. It's the same thing here, but it's the fun of the chase.
At least when the land owner (with 30-06 in hand) encounters the trespasser,  there is no question on the intent of the violation and damages are assessed and collected.

~Ron

Don P

Seems like it was worse when there were more dirt bikes tooling around...maybe I just don't hear the four strokes as much though. The 2 wheelers cut a fast ditch too :(

Ron Wenrich

The most effective road closure I saw was where the landowner put a trench behind the pile of dirt.  4x4s go up, over and stuck when they ram into the ditch.  I'm not to sure what the liabilities are, but it keeps trespassing to a minimum.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!