iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saws, tractors, engines, food and friends. My long weekend in West Branch.

Started by Jeff, July 26, 2005, 10:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'll add to this as I get time today as I have some pretty cool pictures and even some movie clips. The most interesting thing to most will be the huge double saw. 56 inch head rig with a 56 inch top saw. MANUAL mill. :D

Last Wednesday afternoon I decided to load up my newly finished drag saw and some other stuff, throw a tent and cooler in the truck and head for West Branch. Tammy had to work so I was on my own other then the folks that I new would be there when I got there. I'll skip the travel and set up part cause it was no fun. I'll go right to the part where I was getting kissed and hugged by a beautiful woman later that evening. ;D

I wandered down to the cook shack early that first evening to get some beef and noodles they had announced for supper. I got my plate and was heading for the pavilion when I spotted this gal walking in my direction. She looked quite familiar. She spotted me about the same time and I could see she instantly recognized me. The next thing I know, I have my plate arm sticking out one way, my drink arm sticking out the other way and I am gettin a great big hug and a big old kiss on the face. 8)

Turns out, that my cousin Dawn who I had not seen in about 6 or 7 years, was the new president of the engine club. It was great getting to see her. Her duties kept her so busy that we didnt get to visit much other then one evening, but we did run into each other several times during the week.  It must be that old iron runs in the blood. I never had a clue that Dawn and her Husband James were that involved, or for that matter involved at all.

I went back to camp that first evening and called Tammy to tell her I had been huggin and a kissin on some fine looking chick at the engine show. She asked me if I took all my clothes with me. :D  Tammy was excited to hear that Dawn was there as well.

Here is a photo of Dawn on one of her tractors just after day one's tractor parade.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

She's drivin a CASE!!! 
YEEEEEE  HAW![/b]
Is that an SC?  Perhaps a 54 SC? 
Say when

Ed_K

Ed K

Furby

8) 8) 8)
Looks like ya weathered the storms fairly well. ;D
How many other saws were there like your's?

Jeff

I had the only dragsaws at the show other then the show saw, that is a big wood framed belt driven unit.

Here is what my little display looked like. I didnt take much.

Some of you may remember a post I made about the huge 9 foot head rig at west branch.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=3496.0

here is a couple photos of the saw and crate for some scale on just how big that puppy is.

Well, Les and Dale were back with another big boy to go along with the 9 footer.

Here is a tease. :)

You can see a bunch more in a bigger version. I put them on Harold's website gallery. Its on one of our other servers so I might as well link to them there.

http://www.hit-miss.com/gallery/westbranch_2005

I have some MOVIES as well ;D!

Tom

You're rightly bragging about the good looking woman that was hugging and kissing on you.   Quite a gene pool y'all got there.  Sisters, cousins, all of'em are right smart looking. :)

Those big engines look like the diesels at the shows down here.  I wouldn't want to stand too close to that circle saw.  It scares me just looking at it.

Jeff

Furby the storms were pretty bad. I can't believe my tent survived. I got soaked to the bone on Thursday night trying to help save the 20 by 20 canopy next door. Harold had a canop destroyed and so did many others. Sunday morning it started all over again. We got soaked breaking our camps and displays down and trying to fight the wind from taking our stuff with it.

I had to set all my stuff out until last night to get it dry. Stuff in my wallet is still wet.

Jeff

The west branch show has one of the biggest Big engine displays around. Here is a photo of the big engine line.

Here is a link to a movie of one of those engines.
http://www.hit-miss.com/albums/show_photos/bigengine.mpg

Corley5

8) 8) 8)  We stopped at the show on our way to a family reunion in Ohio.  First time we've ever been to it.  Lotsa engines and tractors.  Found Jeff's stuff and talked to Harold for a couple minutes but no Jeff.  A little later Dad and I were browsing a load of parts and there the Big Guy was 8)  Visited for a bit and we had to go so we could finish the flea market and meet up with Zach, Mom and Grandma.  Nice show and plenty warm :)  Walloon is this weekend 8).  We wanted to take over our LA, SC, and DC Cases as they are the featured tractor this year but haying has went on longer than expected and no time to get them ready :( so we'll probably take the W-9, W-6, and W-4 McCormicks again this year.  Hopefully it'll stay cool.  We went from sweltering yesterday to building a fire in the boiler tonight.  I mowed hay with a jacket on this evening ::)  I'm not complaining one bit either.  I like it :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

UNCLEBUCK

That is very neat Jeff !  I have never been to a event like that ever with sawmills and tractors and other sawing stuff .  The sawyer on that big blade  sure looks relaxed .  I wouldnt want to set the guides on that beast . Your drag saws look very authentic .
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Furby

Looks like ya still had plenty of fun even with the bad weather.
Get your self a topper for the truck..........ya don't have to worry about sleeping in the rain atleast! ;)

Thank You Sponsors!