iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wisconsin Forestry Field Day

Started by beenthere, October 07, 2005, 11:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Logrite tools were in full view of attendees to this field day. Stihl tent didn't have the 'Stihl colored' ones yet. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Who was handling the LogRite tools? Stihl?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Jeff
Near as I could tell, the Stihl booth had the logrite tools but the personell were not aware of the Stihl name being on them. I will ask more information tomorrow, at least act inquisitive, and not too smart.  :)  Appeared that the log scale sticks were there as well, but didn't take time to look real close.

Didn't run into Burlkraft today, but there was a very good attendance and a lot to see. I may have to go back awhile tomorrow.  :)
A 3pt grapple

A 3pt chipper for small limbs and brush (on a small tractor too)

A 3pt nut planter that apparently could handle acorns and set up for walnuts. Appeared to be lots of welding done to keep this operational.

A grapple loader for a larger farm tractor. Didn't see this operate.

A fuelwood processor that wasn't running, had some 'murphy law' problems.

Business end of the fuelwood processor that could be set for different lengths and different options for wedge placement.

Water diversion idea with a belt sandwiched between two treated boards (per sample laying to the side).

Temporary stream crossing idea, with plastic pipe tossed down, and heavy plank chained together with binder. The chain ran through holes drilled through the width of the planks.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

It wasn't these guys was it? They are LogRite dealers

Three Rivers Forestry Inc.
www.threeriversforestry.com
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

Three Rivers were at da Lake States Logging Congress, and I did notice they had a good compliment of Logrite tools.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

beenthere

That is very likely who had them there, as they were sponsoring as well as Stihl. Stihl was selling a lot of chainsaw chaps it seemed like. Maybe the timing, or the demonstrations, or a sale price. But was good to see. At the demo I went to, of 30 people, there were only 4 or 5 said they wear chaps.
south central Wisconsin

SwampDonkey

Your show looks woodlot owner oriented, which is good to see. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!