iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodbug Chain Saw Mill

Started by Rick R, February 12, 2006, 01:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick R

Anyone have experience with the Woodbug Chain Saw Mill ?
Where can they be purchased ?
Do you need to modify the chain saw bar to use it on the woodbug mill ?
How long of a bar does the mill use ?
Would it be good for just cutting two sides off of a log.

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

jpgreen

I own one.  Like it alot.  I use a Husky 3120, and would not reccomend a smaller saw.

It's a great mill for the owner user, but to much work to use milling for others. 

Makes very accurate lumber, unless you make a mistake. I bought mine from the manufacturer at woodbug.com. and it comes complete with the modified bar. 

I've milled all sizes of lumber with it.

Here's some pics:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=17276.0

more notes:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=16735.msg240690#msg240690

smiley_beertoast ..............JP
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

jpgreen

Shamus

I like the vertical cutting setup. Keeps the weight of the board/cant from pinching the bar and chain as you make your cut. Very slick.
D&L Doublecut Synchro sawmill, Procut chainsaw mill, John Deere crawler loader,  F350 4x4 flatdeck, 20 ton logsplitter, running Stihls

jpgreen

Another thing this mill does very well is take tension out of sprung log.

If you can get a bar on it, and dog it to hold, 9 times out of 10 it will release all the tension out of an otherwise useless log.

Somthing I may not be able to do as well on my WM.

beenthere

jp
That one I don't follow, how the chainsaw cut can "take tension out" whereas the WM band cannot.  How does that work?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jpgreen

Well to be more accurate in my statement- I'm saying I don't know if the WM can, because I haven't done it yet.

I base that thought on knowing how hard I can dog down on this chainsaw frame.  I've dogged some seriously sprung longs.

I hope that the clamping system on my LT40 will do that, but then again maybe just cutting it will work with the band blade.

I'm just speculating, and don't know what I'm doing yet..  :D

Thank You Sponsors!