iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where did you get your motor??

Started by Mr Mom, February 24, 2007, 08:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mom

I need to get a motor and i have been looking at northern hyd and they have a Robin Subaru motor that i might get.
     Does anyone know anthing about this motor??
     Could use help finding a motor have about $800.00 to spend.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mr Mom

My sawmill that i have been getting parts for what seem like for ever.
     The motor is 18hp. Never heard of them.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom.

Brian_Rhoad

Mr Mom

Brain_Rhoad....thanks alot for the site been looking for that site could not rember the site .

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

brdmkr

Mr. Mom

It is a little more than you want to spend, but surplus center ( www.surpluscenter.com ) has 18 hp Briggs vanguards for just a little less than 1000.00.  They are considered a comercial engine and have a 2 year commercial use warranty.  They may be worth checking out.   Surplus center also has a heap of hydraulic parts as well.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawguy21

The Robin originally appeared in north america as a Wisconsin. When Teledyne sold Wisconsin and ended the import agreement, the engine was rebadged as a Subaru by Fuji Heavy Industries, the parent company. They are very good engines although dealer support may be lacking as is the case here.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

rebocardo

If you do not mind used, you can get 18HP or better buying a used lawn tractor. I checked my local Craigslist and there are four choices around $600 for lawn tractors with 18-25 HP motors. Many owner$ ditch theirs when the tires or deck moving gizmos go or when it starts to look old.

Don_Papenburg

I have a V4 Wisconsin taking up space in my shed .  I was told that it was new or used very little  it was a replacement spare for a combine.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Kcwoodbutcher

There's a 18 HP BS for sale on the Kansas City Craigs list,under tools, for $150. It looks like a good deal.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Mr Mom

sawguy21...Thanks alot about the history of the motor. That is what is stopping me from buying one is the parts.
    rebocardo...That has crossed my mind but did not click. really didnt want to take a running lawnmower apart. Good thought might have to do that.
    Don_Papenburg...Is it for sale??But shipping would kill me. But a v-4 you could really get some wood cut.
     Kcwoodbutcher will look at it.... but what is a Craigs list?? How do i get there??

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Don_Papenburg

Yep I'll never use it now . I am trying to switch everything to diesel . That way I only need one fuel tank.  I may even start producing my own bio diesel .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Kcwoodbutcher

It a free ad sight organized by city. It's actually a huge sight but manageable because the listings only pertain to the city you view. The link to the listing is motor
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Mr Mom

Kcwoodbutcher...Thanks have to call him. I will make some calls to lawn mower repair shops today.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

wiam

Mr Mom,  I think most riding mowers are vertical shaft.  I would not put a vertical shaft on a bandmill if I was to do it over.  I did the first time because it was cheaper.  A twisted belt is hard to get aligned.  It would not take too many $25 belts to pay the difference to a horizontal shaft.

Will

Thank You Sponsors!