iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MUSKALLONGE LAKE STATE PARK

Started by dewwood, May 27, 2007, 09:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewwood

Help!  My family will be camping at Lake Muskallonge July 22nd to July 28th and will be in need of firewood.  We are not allowed to bring any from the lower peninsula so would like to purchase some upon arrival.  Are there any forum members in the area (within an hour or so) that would have some firewood to sell?  We will probably need a small pickup load or so if we have a fire every night.  Anyone who could help out PM me and I will make arrangements to meet you(always enjoy a chance to meet FF members).

Related to this trip does anyone have suggestions for attractions to visit?  We are somewhat familiar with the area as we have been there before but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

dewwood

Just bringing this to the top again.  I know not everyone checks this category daily.  Anybody that could help me out let me know.

Thanks,
Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Jeff

Dewey, did you check the park? Almost all the parks have vendors as they know that wood can not be brought along.   The park isnt all that far from the EAB area they found in Brimley. Dad used to take us up to Deer Park every year. Mom liked to pick up stones on Superior.

I could help you out with some birch. ;D  All you gotta do is swing by my property in De Tour Village with a chainsaw and I'll point you at the dead standing ones were taking out. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paschale

You're going to be at a beautiful spot!  I'd definitely check the grand sable dunes while you're there, and Pictured Rocks is a must-see.  There's a terrific book on the U.P. that I think is an invaluable resource, called Hunt's Guide to the Upper Peninsula.  Depending on when you're traveling, and if you'll be back to the UP, I'd suggest picking up a copy.

And as to pasties, I can't recommend Lehto's enough, about eight-ten miles west of the bridge on US 2.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Thank You Sponsors!