iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Pad is down.

Started by Mooseherder, August 17, 2007, 07:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

On our last trip to Maine in July we hired someone to do the site work for the mill.  He had a few jobs to finish before starting on this job, but met us at the site along with the Sawyer we bought the mill from. We got a timeline for the project in place with this stage out of the way. Next task is the Concrete most likely in late September. I am seriously considering putting Radiant Heat tubing and all that entails before the pour. Has anyone done this before for a Mill building?
Got some pics last night from my brother. Looks like the contractor is about done.
He can't be done cause he ain't called yet. :D

You can see the Live Deck on the center right and one of the Sawdust carriers on the left. The White thing is a former Postal flight container for temporary storage.
Seems my dream location where I thought the mill should be on the property had alot more slope than I anticipated.  He brought alot of loads in along with re-doing the Driveway properly from someone elses job. :-X

John_Haylow

It looks like you are off to a great start. What size will the building be?
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Mooseherder

The plan is 100x40. I imagine radiant tubing is gonna be costly. This equipment came out of a building that was 110 by 24. He had wings poking out all over the place to accomodate stuff. :D

Thank You Sponsors!