iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Band set

Started by bandmiller2, December 28, 2007, 06:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

I made a small ,cheap ,and  handy tool to check band set.Check out flea markets and get a dial indicator with a flat anvil.Get a small block of al. or steel say 2'' long 1'' high and 3/4 or 1''thick.File or grind a step on the bottom of one end,drill a hole for the indicator into that step from the top.Drill and tap for set screw to hold indicator shaft.Set on a smooth flat surface and zero indicator.Hold the tool on the flat of the band, anvil on the tooth set to that side.Any measuring tool can be twisted, rocked,and mishandled to give false readings.A little practice and you can check set anywhere quick and easy.I know you can buy tools that pretty much take the person out of the loop,but they  take more time and most of your beer money.Frank C.

A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

logwalker

Could you get us a picture please. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

bandmiller2

Joe, I'am sorry mate,to further compound my cyber shortcomings the digital camera quit couldn't even get christmas pics.Tried three sets of batteries.Frank C.

John Bartley

Based on what I read in your description, here's a very amateur drawing of what I understood you were thinking :

Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

bandmiller2

John you got it right except the flat anvil goes over the tooth set and the block is not quite so long thanks for the diagram.Pictures are truely worth  a thousand words.Before I sharpen the band I check several teeth if they are close I don't set band just sharpen,probibly every outher time I set. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!