iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Want to buy some timberland?

Started by Faron, September 17, 2008, 01:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

Well, here ya go.  I'm thinking of just buying the whole deal. ;) :D
http://rss.farmprogress.com/rssStory.aspx?si=35740&ci=5082&st=2
All I need to do is get One With Wood to finance it for me. :)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

flip

My uncle's land borders part of that property that is currently being leased for hunting. It is all bottom ground and runs along the patoka river, nothing that is worth a hoot in my book.   The guy that is leasing it is one of our car customers.  He was mad because his lease is being pulled just after he put out a several acre food plot.  The funny part about it is he is seeking reimbursment from Kimball for the time and money he spent putting out the plot ::) ::)  Here's your sign... ::)
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

pigman

That sale has been advertized on the Louisville radio stations. I think I will wait untill all the property is grouped togther and buy it all, just so Faron won't get it.  I wonder if they will take credit cards. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

JV

Sorry guys, but I figure on cashing a retirement check and buying the whole lot.   :D

Thought it would make a good hobby sawing all that timber.  Faron, with your saw and mine

we should be able to saw that on a few weekends this winter.  A good excuse to trade my

LT-40 for an LT-70.  I'm not greedy, so Pigman could saw south of the river.   ;D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Faron

Yep, JV QUITE a few weekends. :D  It only takes, what, about $67 million?  I wonder how long Kimball has owned all that land, and how much they have in it.  Capital gains taxes, anyone? 
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

JV

By the time the accountants and lawyers get done, they will have lost huge sums of money

and Uncle Sam will owe them a very large tax return.   >:(
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

flip

There is a big sucking noise going on at Kimball, all the money being sucked up by the Pres. and his buddies.  For example, the president made more last year than 3 of their divisions.  They need to free up some cash and soon.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

SwampDonkey

I would think if the price was not so high and the timber not over exaggerated, that a timber/forest companies would scoop that up quicker than it would hit the papers. Around here that's the way it seems to work. Timberland is bought and sold and traded between the big companies or government most of the time and hardly ever broken into small parcels. That's why it is a shame for small woodlots 50-2500 acres to be absorbed by industry, it will be tied up in Industrial Freehold or crown land for ever. You might think putting it into crown land (public lands) would be good, but the forest companies control all that to.  Only thing they can't block access to it.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!