iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cabela's - PA

Started by Ron Wenrich, October 03, 2003, 09:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

The new Cabela's in Hamburg, PA is now open.  It opened on Sept 18 and had 20,000 visitors the first day.

It's supposed to be quite the spread and would take someone all day to see everything.  For those who don't like such things, they also run a bus into the Reading outlet stores every half hour from Cabela's .  I guess that's to let the men shop by themselves and spend the big bucks.   :D

Its at the intersection of I-78 and Rt 61.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

We have one in Michigan. In Dundee. I heard that it was Michigans biggest tourist destination now. They run charter buses full of people to it.  I blow by it. :D

We have a Jay's sporting Goods store only 10 miles from here. Most of you may not have heard of it, but it has everything.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

We have a Super Walmart. 8) ::) :-/ ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

We have Brandies Ace Hardware in Callahan.  Everything you need from lumber to seeds, to plumber's friends, nuts and bolts to rifles and shotguns. ;D

Ron Scott

I thought that the Cabela's in Sidney, Nebraska was huge, but after visiting both recently, the Cabela's in Dundee, MI is larger.

I guess they are suppose to be opening one up in Wheeling, West Virginia also.
~Ron

Kevin

We could use one in Sault, Michigan.

WV_hillbilly

Ron your right. They are building one in Wheeling WV. It's only going to be 15 min. from my house. Supposed to open in July of 04. Can hardly wait. There aren't many good  sporting good stores around here.So the wife may have to get a job there so I can get the employee discount.The are also going to build a 1, 000,000 sq. ft. distribution center behind the store. When  the store opens it will be the largest single tourist attraction in WV.  
Hillbilly

Ron Wenrich

They said it was going to be the largest tourist attraction in PA.  I can't believe that they are going to pull more toursists than Hershey Park.

Their claim is for 7 million visitors.  That means they will average over 19,000 per day.  I've been told that during the week, its no busier than any other store.  Of course, its so big that a lot of people can fit in and it will still look empty.

I forget how many jobs were created.  But, for every job, they had 10 rejections.  Very picky on who they hire.

I'm DanG glad that they sited their store down in Hamburg.  They were talking about putting it on the exit for the mill.  Then, I would have had to find other work.  I wouldn't be able to put up with all that traffic.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Ron Scott

Hillbilly,

Expect an increase in traffic your way. Cabela's does hire a lot of people. It might be worth looking into for employment opportunities.

Cabela's in Sidney, Nebraska off I-80. They also have a large RV park on the complex.

~Ron

WV_hillbilly

Ron  I've been to that Sidney Store twice and the Dundee MI store once. The Sidney store we went to on the way to Colorado and on the way back.It was a scene on the return trip The money was flowing pretty good from my pocket to theirs that day. ;D
Hillbilly

Thank You Sponsors!