iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Craigslist woodmizer sawmill -Is it a good deal?

Started by Popeye1, April 16, 2010, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Popeye1

Saw this on Craigslist: He is asking $3800, wish I had it right now.

"This is a 16' bed, will saw logs up to 34" dia., and boards up to 24" wide, makes siding, decking, framing,trim, ect., it comes with a resaw attachment($1500 new), and blade sharpener, some blades, It is portable. low hours(1800hrs.). "

I emailed him about what model and this is what he sent back,
"Sawmill is a 1992 lt/hd 30, 18 hp twin, automated controls."

ronwood

Looks like it could be a good buy even if you had to do some work.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

zopi

yeah..read through here a bit particularly the mill mods section and learn a bit about them...you might post up some pictures of it on here if you can get them...not much info in the ad....but it''s tough to kill a woodmizer...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

sdunston

WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

trailman

if it runs fair, i would say its agreat price. ive got over 3000 in to my home built one.b

Jeff

I'd be wary of it being to good of a deal. Make sure you can actually touch the thing before one thin dime exchanges hands.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

APeters

It's hard to wrong with this one. If the engine is in fairly decent shape the most you'll have to be concerned with regarding the mill acutally cutting well is ensuring that it is properly aligned. I've cut 1 million+ bdft with my WoodMizer LT40 and the parts that required replacement were cam follower bearings (the cutting head rides on these), blade guide rollers and bandsaw tires. I beat my mill across four different states is likely why my can follower bearings took more abuse than necessary (jarring about on our well maintained roads).

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on April 17, 2010, 04:22:43 PM
I'd be wary of it being to good of a deal. Make sure you can actually touch the thing before one thin dime exchanges hands.

I've got to agree with the boss on this one.

And if you want me to be perfectly honest with you, this deal seems to sweet.

Without preaching a sermon, I'll just say in short like Rev. Jeff said....make sure you actually touch it!  :)

Sawdust fever and kool-aid can make one blind.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Do you guys realize you are talking about a mill that was for sale going on almost 3 years ago?

Delawhere Jack

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No wonder I couldn't find the ad!!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Popeye, open up a can of spinach and do this.

If you get to see the mill, get the ID number off of it and call WM in INDY. They may be able to give you some history on this mill.
What have you got to lose?.......3800 smack a roos !
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

barbender

Might not be able to touch it, it might be too HOT ;D
Too many irons in the fire

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: Jeff on September 17, 2012, 05:47:20 PM
Do you guys realize you are talking about a mill that was for sale going on almost 3 years ago?

Apparently it doesn't matter.  ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

DR_Buck

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on September 17, 2012, 06:14:52 PM
Quote from: Jeff on September 17, 2012, 05:47:20 PM

Apparently it doesn't matter.  ;D

Maybe you need to type it bigger Jeff.     :D :D :D :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

drobertson

All that being said,  I  it is good to get a laugh in before the day gets started!   Just hilarious!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ga Mtn Man

Well, since APeters brought it up, I would like to know if it turned out to be a good deal.  Inquiring minds want to know. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Okrafarmer

Boy, there's just nothing like surveying the ancient Craigs' List posts for something to do when you're bored!

Wow, there's a car I could buy! Let's see if they still have it!

("This number has been disconnected. Please check the number you are trying to call, and try again.")

* Ok, I just realized, that isn't what happened here. Oh well.  ::)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!