The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Caught working LT70  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Oregon_Sawyer

• Full Member x2
  • Sawing for the fun of it!
    • Share Post
Caught working LT70
« on: October 31, 2003, 08:54:03 PM »
Thursday my wife snuck up and took a picture of me cutting a log.  I hate to have someone think I actually work sometimes. :D

This is the best set-up I have used so far.  The large log quarters are being cut-up on the other side of the loader.  Then I stack them up close by. When I am ready for another log I can turn as necessary and then set them on the mill.  This day I am cutting the lumber and stacking it straight on the forklift.  Sometimes I stack it onto my trailer. I am cutting CVG lumber to be used as ceiling T&G in my house and the narrow boards as flooring.

This morning a friend called and said his grandson wanted to work.  Did I have anything for him to do?  Far be it for me to pass up on a teenager that wanted to work!! ;D  This is Justin standing by one of the Fir Logs before it was quartered.

Loren

Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Offline Paul_H

• Administrator
    • Share Post
Re: Caught working LT70
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 09:04:06 PM »
How did Justin work out?
It's pretty clear and cold in the mornings now,it looks like you might have the same weather.I start with four shirts and a jacket in the morning,and am down to one by noon.They all are back on by 4:30.

Did you get Franks planer up and running? I was wondering if you were using that for the t&g,or did you already have a planer.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Offline DanG

• Senior Member x2
  • DanG, The Official ForestryForum Cussword
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 09:13:54 PM »
Wow, Loren, she really did catch you working. I can understand why she wanted a pitcher of it. :D :D  I mean, you was all bent over, reachin' fer something, and there weren't a beer can in sight.
Is Justin a midget, or is that log really 6' in diameter? :o  We don't get softwoods like that around here. I've got some 24 inchers in my yard, and people keep saying, "Man that's some big logs!"  :D :D
How do you quarter those things, anyway?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Offline Oregon_Sawyer

• Full Member x2
  • Sawing for the fun of it!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 09:22:18 PM »
Justin is not a midget the log is 58inches on the small end.

Check out A Mans Saw to see how we did it.

He did great he was keeping the fire going and keeping the edgeings out of my way.  When he got caught up he grabbed a shovel and worked at filling the water line ditch.  Hope he comes back :D  It was raining that morning off and on.  This morning it was very cold.  Tonight is supposed to be a record cold for here.

I haven't picked up the planer from Frank yet as I don't have room for it yet.  I use a local moulding plant for my T&G.  I put money down on a used Wood's 4 head molder last week.  I will get it set up first then Franks planer.

Loren

Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Lt70 hydraulics quit working

Started by just_sawing on Sawmills and Milling

5 Replies
Last post February 13, 2013, 07:48:26 PM
by just_sawing
xx
Working with trees services, and working and working...

Started by Daren on Urban and Community Forestry

35 Replies
Last post April 23, 2009, 02:01:44 PM
by chep
xx
Look At What I Caught

Started by Gary_C on The Outdoor Board

17 Replies
Last post July 02, 2011, 07:44:04 PM
by SwampDonkey
xx
I got caught in the act