iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

centauro tc1200 copy lathe

Started by highlandeye, July 08, 2010, 01:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlandeye

Hi I know that strictly speaking woodturning is probably outside the general ethos of the Forestry Forum but - I have recently inherited a copy lathe by the Italian co. Centauro, together with 50 or so steel profiles - my problem is that the hydraulicaly controled cutting head is , or appears to be , incomplete . I cant work out how it is all suposed to work . I could do with a photo or a line drawing , an exploded diagram , or user manual , just so I can compere what I have to the complete item .   I know its asking a lot but eh! when I was having problems with my Forester Jacko Mill  I got some terific help from members and finaly sorted out the problem , maybe it can happen twice .  Best regards  Keith.

highlandeye

Quote from: highlandeye on July 08, 2010, 01:30:11 PM
Hi I know that strictly speaking woodturning is probably outside the general ethos of the Forestry Forum but - I have recently inherited a copy lathe by the Italian co. Centauro, together with 50 or so steel profiles - my problem is that the hydraulicaly controled cutting head is , or appears to be , incomplete . I cant work out how it is all suposed to work . I could do with a photo or a line drawing , an exploded diagram , or user manual , just so I can compere what I have to the complete item .   I know its asking a lot but eh! when I was having problems with my Forester Jacko Mill  I got some terific help from members and finaly sorted out the problem , maybe it can happen twice .  Best regards  Keith.
Sorry, I seem to have listed this in the wrong section - should have been under Genral Forestry.

JV

Sent you a PM with a .pdf brochure attached.  Hope it is of help.  I looked at advertisements of Centauro lathes but the price stopped me.  I did however, end up with a really nice 10' center Vega lathe with full length duplicator to do long posts.  The Centauro looks to be perfect for short runs of spindles.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Thank You Sponsors!