iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Help with Java upgrade please

Started by Brad_bb, July 09, 2010, 01:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

In the past, I've been able to use the Java uploader, but now it seems I cannot.  So I decide to install latest version of Java via the link given.  I save the zip file to my desktop.  I Extracted it with Winzip.  Now what?  Typically you'd have to run an executable file to make something work.  The only executable file I see is wjhk.jupload, but clicking that just gives an error. 
This is frustrating.  Any help appreciated.  PS  I tried reading their instructions in the readme file, but I'm lost with their description.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jeff

Sounds like you might just need to reboot your machine. If it worked, and then it didn't, it would not because you need an update, because nothing changed on this end to require it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

The other possibility is that you have a Windows security item set that did not allow the executable to 'unzip'.  Right click on the original zip file that you downloaded.  Look for a check box dealing with security that you can uncheck.  You may have to click 'Advanced' to find it.  

Brad_bb

Tried rebooting, nothing.
There is not security option or advanced button that I can find.  I'm a mechanical engineer, and I'm ready to pull my hair out.
Who can help walk me through this issue? 
Brad

Jeff

Okay, I think you are not downloading java updates, I think you are going to the plugin creator's link for the gallery software.   Go to http://www.java.com/en/

Brad_bb

Jeff,  I had used the link at the bottom of the photo gallery java uploader page"
"JUpload plugin for Coppermine v 3.3.1, available at http://etienne.sf.free.fr/wiki/doku.php?id=jupload_coppermine_download_gb"

It seemed to indicate to me that this was the link to download what was needed.  Misleading?
The link you gave me seems to have worked.  Some clarification in the instructions if definitely warranted in my opinion.  Why isn't that link on the photo gallery juploader page?
Thank you Jeff.  Brad

Jeff

That link is the link to the uploader plugin developer and required to be there by the license agreement. It can't be altered or I am in violation of the license agreement.

Jeff

I edited the language at the top of the page to include a link to java.com, but there isn't anything I can do about the link at the bottom unless I want to pay for permission to remove it.
I don't. ;)

redbeard

Iam having problems too! I was able to load some on the forums sight but cant figure out how to post a pic. Is there a limit to how much you can download ( I downloaded Java and iam aware of downsizing but it let me download about 10 pics then alls i would get after that was exceed file size).I'am making headway, thought i had it but iam lost again. Help
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Jeff

You need to post the code that appears under the full photo in your gallery.

redbeard

Bingo thanks Jeff I'am getting it.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Warbird

Jeff

SwampDonkey

The latest Firefox 3.xx does need an updated Java to run properly. I think Version 6 revision 12 or later is required.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

And there is a buncha more good looking stuff in his gallery.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman