iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Unread posts option.

Started by Dave Shepard, August 19, 2012, 05:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I noticed after the most recent upgrade that we lost the button for most recent posts. When I click on the "Unread Posts", it is only for that main heading, not the entire forum. I've only been getting the new General Forestry posts lately and wondering why nobody was doing any woodworking. :D I also liked the other unread topic option because it was on every page, and I could just jump to the new posts without having to use the back button. Is there any way to get that button back? Sorry if this has already been covered, I've only been getting part of the forum for a long time now.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Warbird

I believe the functionality you want is right under your name in the upper left, when you're logged in.  It is a link called:

"Show unread posts since last visit."

Jeff

Hiding in plain site. If you don't have those links, it probably means you have the upper part of the page closed. Open it up using the little arrow in the upper right corner of the page next to the Find-A-Database link.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

Oh sure, Jeff.  Provide pretty pictures and a better description.  ;) ;D

Let us know if that isn't what you were looking for, Dave.

Dave Shepard

I don't have that, and I'm logged in. ???
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

I've got it now. The main header was collapsed for some reason, clicked that little button in the upper right corner. Thanks. It helps being on a real computer instead of the phone. :)

Warbird

No worries.  I hate browsing on my phone sometimes.

tyb525

I rarely browse a specific forum, I just click the unread posts link to see what's new.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Shotgun

The "most recent posts" is my FF homepage.  I always start there.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Okrafarmer

I always start with New Replies to my posts, and then if I have time I look at the unread posts. I rarely browse the topics by forum unless I'm looking for something specific.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.