iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Road Trip...

Started by SPD748, September 18, 2012, 09:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPD748

Ok, ok... It's no where near the epic journey Okra took. It is, however, a meeting of fellow sawyers... or at least a meeting of one sawyer and one want-a-be sawyer.

In true Okra fashion, I'll save the details for another post...

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Yee Yee Yee Yee Yee Yee.......LIVE ACTION!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

MotorSeven

What???? You say "road trip"...that's like Pavlov ringing the bell....you can't leave us hanging like that smiley_confused oz_smiley
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Magicman

PD748, Clean sheets are on the bed and the biscuits are in the oven.   :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

grweldon

Quote from: SPD748 on September 18, 2012, 09:46:28 PM
In true Okra fashion, I'll save the details for another post...

Copy Cat!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

SPD748

I'm sorry for the delay guys. My day job has, unfortunately, been very busy. In fact, I worked 22 hours yesterday :(. Anyway, the road trip! Tomorrow is the day. As stated, it won't measure up to the epic journey Okra took and it doesn't involve any large purchases however I feel confidant that something of great value will be gained from the trip. Tomorrow is the day...

-lee

Serving Since 2002

mikeb1079

Quoteit won't measure up to the epic journey Okra took

that's cool lee....anyone who's been following your circle sawmill journey thread has been taken on an epic journey for sure!  very very impressed by your workmanship and attention to detail.  two things i wish i had!!   :D :D  anyways it sounds like tomorrow will be a positive experience.  keep us posted.
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

thecfarm

SPD748,let us be the judge of that.  :D  Get some much needed sleep and start your journey.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

smiley_deadheaders_buddy
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

SPD748

Ok guys, I just logged 12 hours of sleep (finally). I can't really say my bags are packed however my truck is washed and full of fuel. I'll be heading southeast for about an hour, in about an hour. Wish me luck!

-lee

Serving Since 2002

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Where ya going? you are killing me. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I think you are going to be just about dead by the time you,we,find out.  :D

Meadows Miller

Gday

This sounds interesting are you going to Dave's to do some Milling Mate  ??? ;) ;D ;D ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

drobertson

that explains the  YEE, YEE, YEE, from the ole boy  in SC
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Meadows Miller

Might well be I reckon  ;) I just remember  Lee saying he and Dave where going to cut some timbers for his Frick and the Sawyer platform  ;) I cant wait to see that mill run  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Jeff

If you are going to POSTONLT40HD's, be sure to politely laugh at his jokes. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SPD748

Greetings all... from Dave's mill!

-lee

Serving Since 2002

swampbuggy

Since your on the subjects of road trips it has come the time for my migration south. Leaving the   cooled off north to a warmer climate. Best part will be seeing the kids and grandkids along the way. New route this year. Heading south thru Ill. to St. Louis, Memphis, Meridian and then home. Wave if you see me motor by!  LOL

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

DanG

Swampbuggy, if you're taking I-10 into Florida, honk when you pass mile 171.  If I'm home, I can hear it from there. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on September 22, 2012, 10:39:53 AM
If you are going to POSTONLT40HD's, be sure to politely laugh at his jokes. ;)

Your breaking up.....I can't hear you. Lots of static. Try again....... :D

SPD748

Good evening all!

What a day. As stated, I felt as though this trip would yield something very valuable and it did! I found a new friend and gained some much needed knowledge! David, thanks so much for the opportunity to... um... watch your operation :D. I can't wait to see the pictures you took.

-lee

ps - I was a little skeptical about the 'dreaded' mono-rail design however seeing your mill in action certainly changed my mind! 

Serving Since 2002

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Yep.....he's right.....Lee came down South today and we had a ball. He got to experience what a Saturdays is like with my ORANGE.

I was at the mill at 7 am. My plan was to quarter saw Oak with Lee today but a customer dropped off a trailer LOAD of Red Oak last night after I went to bed. He called this morning and said he REALLY needed 1" boards TODAY.

Waiting on Lee, another customer comes in at 8 am and I help him load his trailer full of lumber. I'm lucky I had another friend (Chuck ) to come early and help load customers.

As soon as my early customer left, a load of chainsaw carvings come in. The guy that carves wanted a piece of White Oak to carve while he set up on our busy highway to sell his carvings.

While talking to the carver......Lee pulls up. Here's a pic of Lee with a piece of carved White Oak.

Here I am......I'm the Little Fat Boy on the right beside the scull carving. My 86 year old Dad is in the back ground on his Kabota.

After that, we sawed White Oak until lunch. Chuck and Lee helped load a lot of lumber as I sawed.

Then we went to Lunch. Notice the board and baton on the wall of the store with a little Cedar for border. Wonder who sawed that lumber?

After lunch.....it was back to work. As time went on, my helpers found 2 rocking chairs.  :D

I finished up......and by late this afternoon, I felt like this.......

I was DanG tired....but very excited to get to work with 2 very good friends.

And Jeff, to tell you the truth.....not many jokes.......just a lot of saw dust and work.  :)

It was a great day!

Okrafarmer

Well that sounds like a whack of fun.  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Jeff

How much did that guy want for the welcome maybe? Thats great.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!