iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skid steer and forest mulcher rental near Rhode Island?

Started by logman81, February 06, 2013, 01:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Yes, pics please.  ;D

And some before and after would be great.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

redprospector

Quote from: logman81 on April 18, 2013, 05:28:46 PM
Mulcher is being delivered tomorrow any last minute tips?

Yup. Move slowly, and don't put too much down pressure on the head.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

Here are some long awaited pics of some before and after pics of the the job I'm doing using the forestry mulcher!

redprospector

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

thecfarm

Loks good. I only saw one of those jobs. It was right beside the road. I never saw anything like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bill m

Those machines make short work out of a nasty situation. What is the reason for the mowing? Are they going to replant or keep it mowed as field?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Ed_K

Wow that machine did a great job.I just picked up a 6a wildlife c/c but have to stack the brush.
Ed K

logman81

The reason for the mulching is it was a over grown tree farm that was allowed to get over grown, and is the future house lot. I'm very impressed with the machine and how quickly it can clear nasty twisted up brush. A lot easier then cutting with a chain saw and chipping it. I want one!

g_man

redprospector

Quote from: logman81 on April 21, 2013, 07:48:01 PM
The reason for the mulching is it was a over grown tree farm that was allowed to get over grown, and is the future house lot. I'm very impressed with the machine and how quickly it can clear nasty twisted up brush. A lot easier then cutting with a chain saw and chipping it. I want one!

I was afraid that might happen.  :D

Andy

logman81

Thanks g-man, it really is the tool to have is this situation. I'm going to see if I can rent it for a couple more days to mulch the rest of it. It does go through some fuel though.

QwikDraw

logman81

Well things were going good until tuesday when the machine decided to have a hydraulic leak from one of the hoses going to the mulcher head so I couldn't finish up on the mulching. I paid for it to rent it for two extra days but couldn't use it wednesday because of the leak so I'm going to try and get my money back for that day since it wasn't my fault. You can clearly see that the hose is old and falling apart and needs replacing, so I'll call and try to figure something out. One thing I don't like is the fuel consumption! :o   

logman81

So they agreed that it wasn't my fault for the leak all is well!

Thank You Sponsors!