iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lucas planer

Started by Seaman, February 16, 2013, 08:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

Ready to try the planer soon, The instruction sheet doe's not say, and I may be showing that I am indeed NOT smarter than the average bear, do you plane only pushing, or pulling also?
Thanks Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Gasawyer

Frank:
The videos that I have seen they only cut on the push. Let me know what you find out.

The head that I ordered will be here Wednesday and I have a slab waiting for it. Thanks Tod
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

sigidi

Frank the idea is the planer tips are orientated so they cut going forward... having said this I've cut both ways. I do cut half the width going backwards as forwards and also if there is knots or cranky grain, I only plane them going forward - otherwise you run the risk of cracking/breaking your teeth (don't as me how I know :-X)
Always willing to help - Allan

Seaman

Success!
The planer worked great! I cut only forward for a while, finally got it adjusted correctly and it leaves no shelf at all. A little more swirl pattern than I expected, but not enough to feel with fingertips.

Sidigi, mt adjustment ended up being only one face of the bolt. Must not have had the circle blade Quite right. I'll work on that when I saw again.

Gasawer, it went together without a problem, I can't wait to plane a truly dry slab, today I planed a couple of slabs that were big branch offshoots, for lack of better term. Some tearing out, but I think that was grain orientation.

I don't see replacement teeth on Baileys site, where do we get those?
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Gasawyer

Frank:
I  intend to get them from an industrial supply house.  There was a guy on the forum that was offering them cheaper than Lucas, don't know if he's still on here or not.

Glad that your first run was a sucess! Keep us posted. Thanks Tod.
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

Thank You Sponsors!