iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Patu 202 loader

Started by repmma, September 27, 2013, 06:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repmma

Have a chance to get a Patu 202 loader on a home built trailer for a fair price.  Anyone with experience with the Patu/Kesla family of loaders?  202 seems a little light in the lifting department compared to the 203 but I guess for the price its something to work with vs nothing at all.  Thanks.
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

thecfarm

I could use one,but I would need a bigger tractor to really make it work. Seem like you have a 60hp? I would just have to stay on the lower part of my land. I have a steep hill that goes up into the back woods. Could buy it,use it and when something bigger,better show up,sell it and buy the bigger one. Not many of those come up for sale,be it homemade trailer or not. I saw a loader on a homemade trailer just outside of Augusta a few years ago. I stopped and looked at it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

David-L

The 202 is a good loader and you will be suprised at what it can do. I have a Kelsa trailer with a vreten loader on it and it is used for alittle bit of everything on the farm and forestry to boot. Don't know how I managed without it.
                                   David

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

repmma

I guess my tractor is rated at 62hp pto.  More importantly to me, its a heavier chassis.

The loader really looks lightly used.  At $8500 ill see how it goes.   Hopefully its as good a deal as I think it is. 

There is a Metavic 1050 for sale down in northern mass ( akaa biddeford area) for $12500.  But I figured id go with the longer loader and the $4000 in my pocket.
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

Ed_K

Going with the longer reach is a good idea,that way your not trying to add to it like I did,and then worry if it will hold.Plus not being able to sell it after modifying.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!